**TILLY'S LAPPY**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lappy has decided to die on me :-( :mad:soooo won't post what i called it :rolleyes:

get a thread posted here Technical Computer/IT/Console/SatNav Questions - The Consumer Forums and see what can be done about it... ya never know!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ta muchers:)

Think it is the power adapter or the internal power thingy :confused:

OK, the adapter or the socket that it plugs into.... See if you can borrow someone elses adapter (if you know someone with the same model) and that'll tell you if it's the adapter or the socket. If its the same with their adapter, it's the socket, if it works with their adapter, you need a new one for yourself

If it's the socket, it needs some soldering. Shouldn't be overly expensive.

If it's just the adapter, post the output wattage or volts and amps (will be written on the adapter) and the laptop make & model and I'll see what cheeper options there are to replace it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

OK, if you need a replacement charger, the power that you need is 19 volts and 4.75 amps, which make it a 90 watt minimum (V x 4.75a = 90w so that is the minimum, you can go as high as you like!) and adapter size is 4.75mm x 1.75mm x 9.5mm so you can search google shopping or Ebay as you can get generic adapters a lot cheaper than the manufacturers branded ones.

If you need the charging socket replacing, phone around. Check your local phone book (or on line) for computer repairs. I'm sure you'll find it a lot cheaper than that!

It is a relatively new model... is it not under warranty?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

OK, if you need a replacement charger, the power that you need is 19 volts and 4.75 amps, which make it a 90 watt minimum (V x 4.75a = 90w so that is the minimum, you can go as high as you like!) and adapter size is 4.75mm x 1.75mm x 9.5mm so you can search google shopping or Ebay as you can get generic adapters a lot cheaper than the manufacturers branded ones.

Theres loads :shock: More choice for you to get a good price if you need it!

If you need the charging socket replacing, phone around. Check your local phone book (or on line) for computer repairs. I'm sure you'll find it a lot cheaper than that!

Oki doki will make that my mission for tomorrow :rolleyes::grin:

It is a relatively new model... is it not under warranty?

Now your asking :eek: lol

Not sure to be honest how long do they last :???: Different manufacturers give different lengths... typically 12 months or 24 months. Check their website.

Will set to tomorrow need to get it sorted, it has everything on there using desktop at mo and has nothing on it :mad:

Thanks Locutus :)

You're welcome :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just found something that may help re:warranty length. It should have a sticker like this on it c00818926.jpg

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Any news?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 7 months later...
It works so much easier when one is sober.:p

although you don't care that it's broken when you're drunk.... both have their merits!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

When this is happening, press the "PrtScn" button, then open paint, press CTRL + V and you'll then have a picture. Save it as a .jpg file and upload it to ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting then post the forum link so we can see what is happening :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

That is as non-techy as I can get to see what you are seeing, sorry :p

(you'll manage it... pretty straight forward)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 5 months later...

Press f11 quickly after pressing the power button. there should be a "repair windows vista" option there.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

You can use this to wipe the computer clean and start afresh (CAUTION:you will lose all saved files if you choose this option!) or recover your system. Follow the menu thrugh and let us know how it went. I gotta go out to work now, so best of british luck to ya :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Congrats Tilly :) well done.

• Haha 1

to

C.A.G. Toolbar