Got away with speeding prosecution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I held my hand up to it - 37mph in a 30mph - on a Automatic Camera Device with Photographic Evidence, I did not know the road and the weather was very bad and I was on my Motorbike...:(

I was told that I could do a Speed Awareness Scheme local to me so I applied to do this, 3 months later I was told that this was not available to me and I would have to attend a course 138 miles away, I phoned the police and was told that my correspondence (emails, letters, phone calls) have been carefully concidered and that no further action would be taken on this occasion...

Happy Days...:p

I too ride a motorbike. Yesterday there was a M/C fatality on our local trunk road a 30mph road, the weather too was bad.

Every now and then we all get little warnings to review how we ride and check to see if bad habits are developing. Yesterday was one I have heeded, I hope you have heeded yours!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thanks for your reply B-T-B, I am age 49 and have been riding bikes since I was 17 - I have done many trips on my bikes with Motorbike clubs ie France, Spain, Jersey ect and I would class my-self as a very skilled rider.

I am an Observer for the local Police and run the 'BikeSafe' for my local county, I have also many delelopment records for my driving skills...

YES I was a fault, but the road was a dual carriageway with a small amount of traffic. as the weather was bad and (I am sure you are aware) observation was limited due to the rain I was making 'Good Progress' to get home, in the end I stayed in a Travel Lodge that night and made my way home the next day when the weather was better.

good result i also got flashed doing 37 in a 30 i too was offered the driver aware course which i took as i felt for the sake of 3 points was worth the extra £16 and it was indeed better in there pocket than the governments anyway the course was good i must say did i learn anything thats a big YES am i a saver driver YES i believe so just goes to show even after 26 yrs of driving there is still something to learn

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i believe so someone will correct if i am wrong but im under the impression it is 10mph

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i believe so someone will correct if i am wrong but im under the impression it is 10mph
I'm not disagreeing with U pf, as I don't know myself.

However, 40mph in a 30mph area seems a lot percentage wise, compared to 80mph in a 70mph area.

I would have thought it was something like 10% over the limit, or something along those lines? :confused:

All,

The usual cut-off point for speed awareness courses is usually 10% + 2 or three. It depends on which Speed Camera Partnership area you are in though. So in some areas you will not get a speed awareness course at 37mph, but in other areas you will get one at 38mph. All depends on the partnership tolerance.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Is there a max limit over the legal speed limit where the Speed Awareness Scheme is NOT offered as an alternative to full prosecution?

SACs are normally only offered to first-time offenders, who are clocked between 10%+2mph and 10%+6mph over the limit, at the discretion of the local constabulary.

So for a 30 limit it would be 35-39mph, in a 40 limit 46-50 and so on.

Thanks for the clarification peeps. :)

There STILL seems a bit of 'hit + miss' wooliness about it being a postcode lottery, plus the added local discretion too though. :(

Couldn't agree with you more MTM - this is a grossly unjust state of affairs - in appropriate cases the option to attend a Speed Awareness Course should be made available to all, & if that is not possible, then to none at all.

The administration of justice should not be by determined by artificial boundaries & the inequalities of the policies & whims of 40 or so seperate autonamous police areas.

All,

The usual cut-off point for speed awareness courses is usually 10% + 2 or three.

Are you sure you are not confusing your figures with the normal prosecution policy, which normally starts at, 10%+2?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

was not my first speeding offence when i got it i already had 3 points on licence but was greatful 4 being given the chance to do it because as i have found out 90% of the time it does not get u there any quicker this is more so in built up areas