Birmingham Midshires

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Consumer Action Group. What a great site. Quick question. I would like to reclaim charges against BM. I basically sold my house recently because they were charging me such rediculous fees. I thought of taking action before I sold my house but also thought they may make the sale of my house difficult if I was taking action against them. Now my house has sold is it too late to try and reclaim those unfair charges? jka

What were the fees for?

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello closey. Thanks for your reply.

The fees on my statement were for "arrears" at £25.00 and sometimes £50.00 per time. One arrears fee was £125.00. Mostly these fees were levied for contacting me by letter.

On one occasion and a couple weeks after paying them in excess of £2500.00 they sent the deeds of my property to solicitors and sent me the legal costs which was in excess of £450.00. I found these fees excessive. My property had an equity of £100000.00 at the time.

Sounds to me like you can claim these back. If they were just writing to you and charging you £25 a time for doing so then the level of these charges was unlawful.

I would do a search the word mortgages on the forum as it's not an area I'm familiar with. I'm pretty sure some people have taken action.

MODS - anything you can add, or help point Birmingham Midshires in the right direction?

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi I have purposely been searching this web site to find out if I can do the same with Birmingham Midshires and CHL. Have you had any advice or luck yet? I don't know whether its possible to reclaim charges such as for letters about late payments and not paying by dd etc from mortgage companies. ?

Hi Lisa, I have not found anything yet but I will let you know when someone responds. I will probably try and get back my charges anyway.

jka

I'm going to try too because I've had three charges added on my account this month all for £35. Two are added because they have sent me a reminder because my payment is 2 weeks late and the other because I cancelled a DD, even though I notified them in writing in good time and told them I was making a manual payment. Let me know your progress when it happens! and i'll do likewise.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

There's a thread here, that might be of some interest.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/14757-brimingham-midshires-r-subject-2.html?highlight=birmingham+midshires

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

any update if you have followed this route?

I am just in process of selling my house, will persue them for these charges and ERC if charged.

You will not be able to claim back ERC's - people have lost in court. I am moving this thread to the mortgages forum where you will find a lot of infomation on what you can and can't claim abck succesfully.

Good Luck

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 5 months later...

Hello people.

I had a very recent success with Bir. Mid.

The thread is >>>>>>>>>>>HERE

If you need help, its VERY IMPORTANT that you start your own threads >>>>>>>>>HERE

Im happy to help if possible.

Good luck all.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.