style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello peeps

my daughter declared bankrupt earlier this year and has now recieved a "B178 notice of an application to register restrictions against the land"

by this i suppose they mean the house.

can anyone explain this to me in laymans terms.?

we thought this was all done with and now this turns up.

cheers:-?:-?:-?

Basically whe you are made bankrupt, the Official Receiver will take ownership of any interest in your property. They will automatically place a BRO on the property so that no-one can do anything with the property without the OR's knowledge or consent.

If your wife or another family member has the resources to do so, they can buy your interest from the OR, this is a good way to keep from losing the family home.

If there is equity in the property, the OR can order the sale of the house to pay off the creditors

If there is no equity, negative equity, or the house does not sell then normally the house qwould revert back to your ownership after three years with the exceptions as laid out in the link

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Folks

Me again, not been here in a while . let me fill you in ,,,,

thanks to all your help my debtors have all backed off , i havnt heared from anyone for quite a while now, but then again i have been a little busy. Moved house leaving me no mortgage everything now in my wifes name , tho i know that dont mean jack. Wife got cancer and over last 12 months beat it, shes hard !!!!

Debtors havnt caught up with me yet , and no i am not informing them of change of addy , ,, let em find me . haha.

I do hope you and yours are all ok and well ... one thing i have learned over the last 12 months debt dont mean nothing .... keep well all and take good care of u and yours. Godbless.