Equifax Statute Barred Default & CIFAS

jb000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there wonder if anyone can help me.

Just got a copy of my Equifax credit report online and I am quite frankly shocked.

Had 2 Barclaycards in the mid 90s and stopped paying in 1997 as I had lost my job. Usual round of debt collectors, ignored them, never acknowledged the debt so thought that they would become statute barred 2003 as it never went to County Court.

To my horror, I discovered today that they put 2 defaults on my file in 2007 (10 years later), I did not receive any default notices or anything.

Also I moved into my current address in August 2000, and more to my horror, my old address is still a linked address 9 years later with a CIFAS flag on it from 2008.

Is there any way of getting these off, as I believe it's damaging my credit history (as I have been behaving myself).

Any help most welcomed

jb000

Hi,

I've got two in similar circumstances :rolleyes: Have'nt looked into the removal yet, I'll keep an eye on your replies.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Contact the CRA and demand there removal as they are Statute Barred, also make a complaint to the ICO https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

As for your linked address according to Equifax they keep that information on record for 7 years, so that should be removed too.

No doubt after you have contacted them you will find that a DCA will crawl out from under a stone, so if they do send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Just to add, you can take legal action against both whoever registered the defaults & the CRAs for processing your data and damaging your credit worthiness... which can run into many £thousands. I'll try and dig up some case references later.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Google 'Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119.' This one famous damages case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a default registered on my account over a statue barred debt a few years back. I only found out about it through an online Equifax report, so I contacted the company responsible, pointed out that the debt was statue barred and that no default notice had ever been serverd and politely asked that they remove it. It was gone the next day! Sometimes all it takes is a simple phone call. I know some people are too shy or scared to call, but if you have it in you, it may well be worth a go... :)