Triton Credit Services & Capquest

wendella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Newbie here, found your great site while trying to find some info on Triton Credit Services.

To give you some background, once upon a time, I was married, we both had good incomes and we ran up some debts (as you do). Then my husband started running up a few more, we consolidated them in both names and I had a few of my own.

We separated and then divorced,we made a fantastic agreement as to who was to pay which debts and in what proportion. Before the ink was dry my ex husband declared himself bankrupt.

Anyway, to cut a long story short I ended up with everything that was in joint names as well as my own debts.

I entered into agreements making minimum payments when I had to leave work. The debts are all pre 2003, the joint ones all pre 2000.

So, Our joint loan with RBS has been sold back and forth to various DCAs, it's now back with Triton, who claim that it is straight from RBS to them, I've completely lost track. Am I right in thinking that my first course of action is the CCA letter or should I go with the CCA to Triton and the SAR to both Triton and RBS?

All and any help is recieved gratefully.

Incidentally, I was also left stuffed with the negative equity on our mortgage with RBS, however, one phone call pointing out that they allowed the mortgage endowment to remain in his name (which he cashed out without my knowledge) for a mortgage that was in both names got it written off forthwith.

Thanks guys

W

It's a steep learning curve....

Wendella 1 : RBS 0

you need to CCA titon and p'haps SAR RBS to see if your payments have actually been getting through.

as for all of you other debts, wouldn't hurt to cca them either!

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The payments have been getting through, Triton admitted that on the phone the other day. They wrote to me last Saturday and have since called about 25 times. I discovered that even if you talk to someone, you'll still get another worker calling you first thing on Saturday and Sunday morning. They must have attempted 20+ calls over the week.

Yesterday, in spite of confirming that they had been receiving payments they told me that it wasn't enough and that they would be passing the debt to their solicitors.

I'll start with the CCAs and the SARs as discussed here then and have a crack at the others later.

Thanks again

W

The payments have been getting through, Triton admitted that on the phone the other day. They wrote to me last Saturday and have since called about 25 times. I discovered that even if you talk to someone, you'll still get another worker calling you first thing on Saturday and Sunday morning. They must have attempted 20+ calls over the week.

Yesterday, in spite of confirming that they had been receiving payments they told me that it wasn't enough and that they would be passing the debt to their solicitors.

I'll start with the CCAs and the SARs as discussed here then and have a crack at the others later.

Thanks again

W

Try not to speak to the Dcas at all , as they lie and cajole you , everything in writing from now on . As you have found out once you talk to them they ring more , to be brutal they do not care for any problems you have , they just want money , so they can high 5 that your money goes on a board . Cca and Sar them as soon as possible , templates on here , Remember there is no obligation to speak to them , if I answer the phone at all Just say nothing , frankly its very disconcerting for the bod on the other end , and as I never verify any security details , there is no point in recording it . To be frank I don't care if they do record it , who are they ?

• Haha 1

couldn't [or should have] said it better.

you are under no obligation to pay them what they demand.

lets put it this way - it's YOUR money - YOU take control of it.

there is nothing stopping you from writing to all your unsecured creditors & TELLING them they will only be getting £XX for xxMTS. then pay it by internet banking [cancel ALL DD's & SO's if you already have not - and NEVER tell them any card or A/C details ever!].

as long as you keep paying as you have stated, they can threaten all they like.

if and a VERY big IF, it ever went to court, the judge would laugh them outhe door & prob assign a SMALLER payment.

but you must do as you state & pay XX sum to them every month.

but NO-ONE gets anything from you without a valid CCA!

HTH

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Triton are RBS! Sent SAR to RBS 1 year ago and received an application form that contained no prescribed terms + other items, but no DN or computer records!!!

After numerous letters back n forth the account was passed to Triton who returned it to RBS who promptly sent it back to Triton, who of course sent it back to RBS? It was then passed to solicitors who happened to be Nat West in-house, sent same letter that RBS n Triton had received every time they wrote to me. This informed them they cannot go to court as the app form is unenforceable:)

Five weeks on I am still waiting for a response.

I wouldnt bother with Triton send a SAR to RBS and get all the info direct and cut out the middleman (Triton), dont forget to send it to the Data Controller not the person who has been replying to your letters/calls. Remember, the RBS monkey will be getting 12k + bonus, they will have had half a day training and think they know the law. They dont, even if you used crayons to spell it out for them they still would ignore you.

Chin up, get the SAR out, continue making a payment until you get the info back and then post the CCA/App form up (minus personal details) and let the good folk on here help you. :)

• Haha 1

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• 2 weeks later...

SAR to RBS and CCA to Triton ready to post by recorded tomorrow morning.

I'll start new threads individually when I get responses.

Have to admit to being slightly nervous. I feel like someone with a bee allergy standing in front of the hive swinging a baseball bat.

Am I opening a can of worms?

Am I badly mixing my metaphors?

SAR to RBS and CCA to Triton ready to post by recorded tomorrow morning.

I'll start new threads individually when I get responses.

Have to admit to being slightly nervous. I feel like someone with a bee allergy standing in front of the hive swinging a baseball bat.

Am I opening a can of worms?

Am I badly mixing my metaphors?

Not to worry , you are just requesting Your information , this is your legal right , you are not doing any thing wrong . Bear in mind triton and Rbs are one and the same , See the bottom of triton letter , part of RBs .

If they wrong you for standing on your rights , you are doubly right .

Their wrongs and mistakes can be made to haunt them .

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as if the Royal Mail have lost my SAR request to RBS. Posted it (recorded) on 02/11 but track and trace shows no movement from the sending post office. The two CCA requests I sent on the same day were both delivered within 2 days.

Trust RM to lose the one with the £10 po!

How do I go with the 40 days for reply?

It looks as if the Royal Mail have lost my SAR request to RBS. Posted it (recorded) on 02/11 but track and trace shows no movement from the sending post office. The two CCA requests I sent on the same day were both delivered within 2 days.

Trust RM to lose the one with the £10 po!

How do I go with the 40 days for reply?

Give it a few days to flush through the system , count the 40 days from when it is delivered from the destination post office , although I sometimes go from the letter date itself . In my experience Sar requests are handled o.k , as it is a seperate dept, However if no reply is forthcoming post delivery after 40 Total days , not work days , you can get militant on them .Patience !

No, it seems they just didn't sign for it. Pointless using track & trace then!

Had a reply today, using the standard 'you didn't give your signature we can't can't give you the info' spiel.

Back to square one I guess.

Same letter as that for the returned CCAs but amended to suit??

PS Why doesn't my sig show in my posts?

Edited by wendella
Question added to post

you have to type a certain amount of chrs# for it to appears..

dx

• Haha 1

and they

No, it seems they just didn't sign for it. Pointless using track & trace then!

Had a reply today, using the standard 'you didn't give your signature we can't can't give you the info' spiel.

Back to square one I guess.

Same letter as that for the returned CCAs but amended to suit??

PS Why doesn't my sig show in my posts?

Oh well they got it though . The day count starts from the date of the letter now, so if they want to mess about its their time , persist like any bully they will back down when challenged . Same letter as Cca but ammended may want to mention the clock is ticking , I C O etc.

Oh well they got it though . The day count starts from the date of the letter now, so if they want to mess about its their time , persist like any bully they will back down when challenged . Same letter as Cca but ammended may want to mention the clock is ticking , I C O etc.

Sorry, I'm a bit dim sometimes, I C O?