Are these lines at all legal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked at the end of these lines and got a ticket. The ticket has the the code 01 parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. The double yellow lines are so worn out there is a (roughly) 4 foot gap on the outer edge and on the inner edge it has been painted over with a white line for the slope. Is this tick at all enforceable?

P191009_12.43_[01].jpg

P191009_12.44.jpg

P191009_12.43.jpg

My friend, I have never seen a worse forum, hardly anyone has anything decent to reply with.

Compare the views to replies, its ridiculous.

Funny. I have only been here a short time and have found it is a terrific forum with many knowlegable peop

le happy to help.

If you are seperate for a legal answer yesterday, pay for a solicitor!

As for your question, the lines are double yellow, however there is a break in both at the drop kerb, although the outer one continues faintly. In my opinion the double yellows should be terminated there but aren't.

However, that is only my opinion and I am not an expert on the actual lines.

I was all up for fighting this ticket but am quickly losing the will to fight and just pay the damn thing even though i do believe it to be an illegal ticket. I am not a rich man at all and i refuse to be ripped off by all the parking charges at the hospitals:-x. I am not out to get let off for the sake of it, but if the law states one thing and then does not abide by it then they need to be told. I have searched all over the place for an answer to the road markings legality and cannot find anything definitive.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy70/markpc78/tickback.jpg

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy70/markpc78/tickfront.jpg

tick front.jpg

tick back.jpg

Edited by markpc
pic 2 small

i think if you where to appeal to the trafic penalty tribunal then you would stand a good chance of not paying the pcn.

the lines looking at them are not enforceable.

remember that if you do apeal and should lose you should be able to pay at the reduced rate

cheers.

Yeh, Pepipoo is a good forum, I am fighting the same battle, but my lines have a 10ft gap in, so I should be 100% be able to appeal it.

Have a look on their, they know what they are talking about, a few people have already emailed me saying they got one off etc.