Leeds Christmas Meet - 20th November 2009 - 6 pm - Wetherspoons - North Concourse, Leeds City Station

hilaryfrances
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If U were to alter your 'provisional' date to either the w/e of 13/11 or 20/11 U may get at least another half a dozen or so attendees.

...It's a long walk or an expensive journey too close to Xmas otherwise gals. ;)

:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm easy...
:eek::eek::eek::p

...maybe Friday 20th then?
That's certainly approx halfway between Bonfire Night + Xmas Mm.

...It helps to spread finances for those peeps that might like to attend, but may also be on benefits. ;)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

Any good lookers goin?
Yes.

Has this turned into a girlie night out or what?
If U want to wear heels if U were to attend, I'm sure peeps won't judge U aa...It is a w/e after all. ;)

This sounds like one sexist thread to me!!!!!!!
Nah...Tis okay, but Birds have posted on it though. :-o

:D

(Jules Winnfield)

Perhaps U could put the date that most peeps have opted for in the Thread Title caro? ;)

I'm certain that peeps will arrange other meets before Xmas that U could possibly attend.

(Jules Winnfield)

Well, that's MY room + transport all booked.

...How are other peeps getting on with theirs?

• Haha 1

(Jules Winnfield)

I will deffo be there...
U got your free bus pass then dwarfee? :rolleyes:

Click HERE for bus times etc

...We'll meet U outside the front entrance of the castle. ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

looks like we gonna have a brill time, pity Caro cant make it.

P'raps we could kidnap her? :p

good idea, should we arrange a "meet" for that?

The Caro kidnap meet

Could I maybe perhaps possibly suggest that THAT Meet is on the 21st Nov? ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

...I'm stuck in Leeds with no-one to talk to except MTM.
It could be worse...It could be Oxford. :eek:

Could be the start of a beautiful friendship...
Spen Valley is near booti-ful Yarmouth? :eek:

(Jules Winnfield)

...Still gutted I won't be there.
So are we caro...honest. :)

Still, there's no reason why U can't pop along to your local Oxford Meet + meet up with some fellow CAGgers there instead, is there? ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

So go start a Thread for a meet after Xmas, of your own particular choosing + post on that one.

...I'm sure one in, say February, would help lift peeps spirits mid-winter, after recovering from their Xmas over-indulgencies. ;)

Edited by MilkTrayMan
Forgot when my birthday was...again!!! <rolleyes>

(Jules Winnfield)

Moi!!!! im the normal one :p lol
The ability to speak French makes U 'normal'?? :confused:

...Au contraire ma smurfee du lac vin. ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

Some peeps, not mentioning any names (...unless U deffo want me to casually mention that z__m_n is 60+ :eek:), qualify for FREE local bus travel throughout our beloved green + pleasant land. ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

Thankoooo for changing the thread title :)
Methinks that Wetherspoons is NOT in City Square. :rolleyes:

Meet at the Wetherspoons pub from 6pm

North Concourse

Leeds City Station

Leeds

West Yorkshire

LS1 4DY (map)

Btw...There is a difference between a woman going into a town centre pub on her own + hanging about in a hotel bar/lobby on her own? :confused:

Bill is lickle + smokes...not exactly rocket science to spot where she'll be 'outside' Wetherspoons is it? ;)

Wetherspoons do acceptable meals which are certainly cheaper than any from a hotel, hence to probable reasoning behind the FROM 6pm timing no doubt.

...It is just by some quirk of nature + strange coincidence that they also sell Newcastle Brown with vodka chasers. :eek::D

(Jules Winnfield)

Do they sell draught Guinness?...
I know of a bar in Bali that does. :p

I need to keep my iron levels up...
Irn Bru is grrrrreat for washing down deep fried Mars bars on links courses, so I'm told. ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

...they also sell Newcastle Brown with vodka chasers.
On reflection s*d the Newkie Brown

...Methinks Bottled Water is the way to go. ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

so long as you dont drink it neat, mtm, try diluting it with gin
I've always thought that it should have been Newcastle Brown that was called 'Mother's Ruin' hf. :p

...today was talking to Spammy on the phone...she is totally crackers
Does that mean she's dry, when pulled goes with a bang + has a tendency for cheesy sayings too? :shock:

(Jules Winnfield)

this is going to be a night to remember
Tis a bit like the 1960's. :eek:

...If U can remember it, U weren't really there! :p

(Jules Winnfield)

...this is going to be bigger than the official meet
What official meet?? :confused:

8-)

(Jules Winnfield)

Talk about resurrections, I've not been online for ages, & when I do I see that "The lost plot club" is back an all :lol: xxx
Wrong Forum ja-de, the 'LTPC' is HERE. :D

Hi there everybody, anyone missed me then???
Nope. :p

By the way Tills, I won't be finishing work at St James's until 5pm, & with all the rush hour traffic, I won't get home until about 6ish, 'cos I've gotta drive through Leeds to Morley lol
Errrrm...I don't quite know how to tell U this ja-de but...

The Leeds Meet is actually in LEEDS.

...See U around midnight then. :D

:eek::eek: lol Tills, it might look like a 400 yard toodle from the map, but trust me it's deffo further than that
Only as the pigeon flies......from Morley! :rolleyes:

Hopefully back to stay...
U is the one who is responsible for peeps STAYS? :shock:

Well who else missed me then??? & don't all put your hands up at once :lol::lol:
U has been missing?...U is saying that peeps have underarm probs? :shock:

Methinks that U is gonna be soooo busy HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE + oooh HERE too.

...& that's before I even mention the ironing + cleaning that U've been neglecting.

:razz::D Tra-la-la

This post was kindly sponsored by 'Links R Us'...The lifestyle coaching peeps that help U want to improve your running + hiding skills. :)

(Jules Winnfield)

...What about some hunky soldiers?
Here U go Mm...

Chelsea-pensioners.jpg

...Just so Termi can relate to the rest of U 'ladies'. :razz:

:D:D:D

(Jules Winnfield)

Should have got rid of this lurgey by then unless it decides to make a comeback...

There is a sofa bed going spare in the family room I have booked that you are welcome to...

Thanks Jan...

OK, that's sorted then...if you pm me your email address I'll just forward the email from Jurys reservations so you have everything.

Have got Swine Flu...Has anyone else had it?
U can e-mail Swine Flu Jan4a?? :shock::shock::shock:

...Leeds Jury's Inn is in the Quarratine Ward of Jimmy's?? :-?

:razz::D

(Jules Winnfield)

...I blame the packed commuter trains into Manchester for spreading the flu!
I blame the packed commuter trains leaving Manchester for spreading the flu! ;)

:p:D

(Jules Winnfield)

Nahh I'll leave that to the experts that know these things i.e MTM...
My green crayons are a tad blunt at the moment ja-de.

:(

(Jules Winnfield)

...I am utterly disgusted!
If I wasn't Beryl of Bacup today I would have been thinking along the same lines.

I've heard of utterly butterly......is 'disgusted' a foreign brand then??:confused:

...appropriate precautions (should I get caught up in events beyond my control, you understand)

All are welcome JT...but U have to bring your own nappies though! :eek::razz:

:D bob

(Jules Winnfield)

I looked at the train fares and nothing under a Hundred Pounds. HUH?
Methinks U haven't looked very far od. :rolleyes:

Even as late as today, I looked on the website of the TOC which operates the main London Kings Cross - Leeds City services.

2 X 2nd Class Singles @ only £18 each (...albeit operator + time of train specific).

No doubt further savings could be had if U also juggled about with mid destination ticketing...i.e KX - Stevenage, Stevenage - Doncaster, Doncaster - Wakefield Westgate, Wakefield Westgate - Leeds City etc etc etc.

Booked mine through Raileasy... it was £60 return... I'm just outside London so that might be the difference... also the time you want to travel can increase/decrease the price. I'm starting about 11am on the friday to get there by 3.30pm...8)
4+1/2hrs?? :confused:

Where are U starting from......Londres Paris Nord? :shock:

(Jules Winnfield)