Council Penalty Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've received a 'Glasgow City Council Penalty Charge Notice' for parking in a loading/unloading part of a public street outwith the designated times. If I understand the street sign then I really shouldn't have parked there: I wasn't thinking correctly as I'd had an extremely upsetting day.

I wondered if I had grounds to get the ticket cancelled on either the following:

1) Near the top of the ticket it says "Date of Notice:" followed by the correct date - MondeoST24's excellent post says the ticket must say "Date of Issue" - mine says "Date of Notice"?

2) At the bottom of the ticket it says "Issued by City Parking (Glasgow) LLP on behalf of Glasgow City Council" - this looks like the Council is paying an external organisation to enforce parking regulations - can they do this?

3) At the top it says "ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1991 (As Amended)" and then a bit below it

"The grounds on which the parking attendant believes that a penalty charge is payable with respect to the vehicle:

parking contravention 02 had occurred at 17:35

Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting/loading restrictions are in force

Date of Contravention: 5/10/09"

I wondered if "parking contravention 02" might be incorrect and a technicality I could argue? I have absolutely no legal experience!

Thanks in advance,

a184 :-)

Hi,

I've received a 'Glasgow City Council Penalty Charge Notice' for parking in a loading/unloading part of a public street outwith the designated times. If I understand the street sign then I really shouldn't have parked there: I wasn't thinking correctly as I'd had an extremely upsetting day.

I wondered if I had grounds to get the ticket cancelled on either the following:

1) Near the top of the ticket it says "Date of Notice:" followed by the correct date - MondeoST24's excellent post says the ticket must say "Date of Issue" - mine says "Date of Notice"?

2) At the bottom of the ticket it says "Issued by City Parking (Glasgow) LLP on behalf of Glasgow City Council" - this looks like the Council is paying an external organisation to enforce parking regulations - can they do this?

3) At the top it says "ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1991 (As Amended)" and then a bit below it

"The grounds on which the parking attendant believes that a penalty charge is payable with respect to the vehicle:

parking contravention 02 had occurred at 17:35

Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting/loading restrictions are in force

Date of Contravention: 5/10/09"

I wondered if "parking contravention 02" might be incorrect and a technicality I could argue? I have absolutely no legal experience!

Thanks in advance,

a184 :-)

Nope!

1) Date of Notice & Date of Issue are one and the same. There is no serious difference to make it invalid.

2) Yes. Many councils are starting to do this now. The company is established as a body to carry out work for the council, in joint venture with the council and one of the many outsourcing companies.

3) "Parking Contravention 02" would be their computer system code for it. It is irrelevant to the RTA. Some councils have different code systems. As long as the alleged contravention is mentioned afterwards, this is entirely legal.

Your post shows you have absolutely no legal experience, at least not in this area. If you have no valid defence - which it seems from what you've written - pay it ASAP and get the discount.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)