For all of us fighting MBNA

Dinkjames
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MBNA have just lost a substantial case in the county court and the debt was declared unenforceable as they couldn't produce a CCA.

BBC NEWS | Business | Court lets woman off £8,000 loan

Makes a great read and gives one the energy to carry on fighting.

• Haha 1

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

Hello everyone. we are new members of this forum but we have been reading closely all the postings that are regarding MBNA. At 2pm today we are defending a claim from MBNA whose piece of evidence is a very poor copy (illegible) of an application form in 2001 for a Bank of Scotland credit card which makes no reference to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If anyone can give us any last minute advice we would welcome it in the next hour!!!!

We will post the outcome tonight.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Just this minute we have had a call form the county court informing us that this case and another MBNA case which we are party too have been stayed by the judge and ordered to be struck out within the next 21 days unless MBNA can come up with further paperwork. The court also mentioned CPR rules? Can anyone tell us what that means?

the judge probably means they have not followed civil proceedure rules CPR if that is the case its good news 4 u he is giving them another slap oh my they must be pretty bruised right now

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

We have received in the post today a letter from the county court stating that MBNA have not complied with CPR part 16 D paragraph 7.3. The judges states that the copy of the agreement to which MBNA were to rely on is totally illegible and they have 7 days to file an amendment to their original application. This we pressume they cannot do, as they would have do it already.

We have received in the post today a letter from the county court stating that MBNA have not complied with CPR part 16 D paragraph 7.3. The judges states that the copy of the agreement to which MBNA were to rely on is totally illegible and they have 7 days to file an amendment to their original application. This we pressume they cannot do, as they would have do it already.

Subbing with great interest but surely to have come this far you will already have requested a CCA for £1 and a SAR for £10. Will be nice if they come up with the same thing or something completely different:eek::D

pf:p are you able to post up a link to that D paragraph 7.3 for us pleeeese:p

it is a well known fact mbna only keep copies on microfiche so will not have a clearer copy i had this in my case and were asked the same so they produced the same PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I think this is it AA99

Reply to defence 16.7

(1) A claimant who does not file a reply to the defence shall not be taken to admit the matters raised in the defence.

(2) A claimant who –

(a) files a reply to a defence; but

(b) fails to deal with a matter raised in the defence, shall be taken to require that matter to be proved.

I think what pompeyfaith is referring to is CPR Practice Direction 16.7.3. not CPR 16.7.3 as we oft post up -

Where a claim is based upon a written agreement:

(1) a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing, and

(2) any general conditions of sale incorporated in the contract should also be attached (but where the contract is or the documents constituting the agreement are bulky this practice direction is complied with by attaching or serving only the relevant parts of the contract or documents).

Supersnooper,

Thank you I stand corrected.

PF

Thanks for clarifying:)

but where the contract is or the documents constituting the agreement are bulky this practice direction is complied with by attaching or serving only the relevant parts of the contract or documents

One would have thought, therefore, that a signed contract stating all the prescribed terms, within 4 corners of the same document, would be a much better thing to provide in the first place:eek:

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just to update you all on our fight against MBNA. We received letters from the court stating that both cases against us have been struck out as MBNA failed to comply with the order. Our next possible move is to try and calim back all the large amounts of interest that MBNA have charged over the years. I hope anyone can give us any advice on the best course action.

More news on MBNA. they have now re-applied to the court again, with new evidence, this time in the form of someone elses application form but with the details crossed out. Looking closely at it we are able to read this other persons name, address and bank details. Surely this is breaking the data protection act!!!!!! If anyone has any advice or opinion please let us know.

Nice. Good work!

Ive just had a letter from the courts saying my defence has been struck out and I need to respond with a defence complying with CPR Sec 16 and 22? WTF are they?:|

My CCA req goes all the way back to Jan 2006 and then it took them over 5 mths to respond with a shoddy A4 copy which isnt fully legible, no T&Cs or the rear of the 'agreement' so Im looking for some help too.

Reading this has inspired me :)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|