Laptop - what are my rights under SOGA etc (considering laptop is less than 3 months old, and fault within 30 days)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry I do appreciate this has also been posted under the online stores section but Im getting incredibly stressed by the whole procedure and it's absolutely doing my proverbial head in, so any help and advice would be appreciated

Without wanting to go too techy on people, I bought a laptop from Alienware approximately 2 months ago. The laptop was fine for about 2-3 weeks before one of the parts developed a fault, rendering the laptop unusable (less than 30 days after arrival of the goods, and quite possibly within 30 days of ordering the goods, the goods took about 1 1/2 weeks to come).

Customer service was appalling and it took 3-4 weeks for the replacement part to come out to myself, despite initial promises of less than a week and various other hassle I had with them. When the parts arrived, it turned out they had sent faulty parts, which I was less than happy with. I was unhappy, but aware that under SOGA I was required to let them attempt to repair the laptop so the machine was sent back to thier Ireland base.

The 'repair' process took approximately 2 weeks, however upon arrival the machine turned out to be dead on arrival, with no display, virtually the fault it had gone in with and the whole process had been over. The machine has now been out of action 6 weeks out of the period I have owned it.

My understanding is that as a repair has been attempted; they no longer sell the machine I own (nor have they offered a replacement), and the next comparable model to the one I bought is more expensive, so replacement is unavailable, that under the sales of good acts (varying) I am entitled to a refund (at least a partial one to exclude the several weeks use I did get, especially as I experienced the fault in the first 30 days).

They are trying to basically get them to keep returning the machine for repair until it works, which simply isnt acceptable, and they have already had the option to repair the machine.

Can anyone help me out over this, or at least provide some pointers?