Ross V Halifax ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks! I'm so proud of my mum, I sometimes forget what she's done and been through and when I read my letter back today I was just so chuffed for her that we got it back. She keeps ringing me and saying 'how much is it again?' Aww.

My first thoughts are to print a copy of that letter off and frame it! Then to send copies to all the newspapers, and the BBC Money programme, just to show that they CAN do this type of thing for their customers.

Then my cynical side kicked in and I realised it was your right to ask for the money back, despite the personal background.

Overall though, I am pleased that you've had this outcome. I had tears in my eyes too as I read the story - and I'm a bloke!

Well done, your Mum should be proud of you for standing up to the big boys.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Well ive been helping my daughter who's 21 get her charges back. She left home last year and got herself in to dept and Halifax helped her to get into a bigger mess giving her a credit card,overdraft etc. She was being charged almost £90 per month and they knew that her income wasnt enough to cover her dept, she just wasnt getting anywhere. When I found out about it I went into the branch with her to see what could be done but nobody could help us. The girl behind the counter was very helpful and apologetic but said that there was nothing she could do. We tried to get help from the Halifax via the phone and "Dave" (couldnt give me more info about himself due to data protection act) told me to let her get into dept until the bank decided to stop her account, he said that they would only do something about it then. I couldnt believe it, I then found out about this site and we are now up to the court action stage we filed MCOL a week last Thursday and have received court details today saying they intend to defend, so we are just waiting.

Good luck, although I'm so sure you wont need it and she'll have her money for christmas! =)

Thanks! And I've already planned to frame it! =) A journalist that we've dealt with before actually asked to see my letter, but she said it was too libelous to print, err, so we just left it but she doesn't know about this reply yet!

Anyhoo, thanks again! =)

CONGATULATIONS Vicckie its so well deserved

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.