Admiral Insurance Cancellation Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have tried to cancel my insurance policy with Admiral 18 days into the policy and Admiral want to charge me £47.50 just to cancel.

They cant tell me what this £47.50 is actually for. I have telephoned the Financial Ombudsman and they have said that if its in the T & C's they can charge what they want but that they would still send a letter to Admiral which may get them to drop the charge.

The letter is being sent today however Admiral have 8 weeks to respond by which time I could have paid another 2 months car insurance.

Has anyone else taken on these Incrance company cancellation charges and had them dropped? is there anything else i can try to get this dropped?

Thank you

I know, I have telephoned them twice to see if they will reduce it or remove it, my partner has also telephoned them and they are having none of it, its £47.50 to cancel and if i just cancel my Direct Debits then i guess I will get in more hassle. I hate insurance! they take your money and do f all when it comes to making a claim you have to chase them up if you want anything..mmm rant over! lol