style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Bit of advice needed, when I spoke to CCCS I am sure they said tyhat if I open a new account, co-op for example, after the Bankrutcy hearing then it doesn't need to be declared as it is not part of the bankruptcy, is that correct or am I making it up?

I owe money to my current bank, Barclays, on my personal account but also have a joint account that is just ok, which is the one my salary goes in to currently, am I likely to have to give up both accounts and take out a co-op one, and if so should I do that before or after the hearing. Looking to go to court 1st Oct and don't get paid until 28th Oct so have a few weeks in terms of sorting somewhere for the salary to go etc...

Advice please!

Thanks

CCCS give you thje right advise . you dont have to declare it as it is a very basic account with no credit. it ususally better to open a bank account after your BR as it means tat the OR will have no direct access to the bank account.

when you go Bankrutop you loose all your claims towards all of your asset including bank account and this belong to the OR. unless the Or say to you that he/she has no interest in it.

Hi Nick

I'm sure it's ok to have your salary paid into it. All my money goes into my new Co-Op account. I applied for my new bank account just after my B/R went through. The OR gave me the choice of keeping my old halifax account or the Co-Op one. Apparently you can't have 2 accounts so i decided to keep the new one. The OR does not have any details of my new account and I think I've read on here somewhere that they OR cannot just go in and look at your account transactions.

I was declared BR last week.

I got a call from the OR yesterday. She asked me about my 2 bank accounts (Halifax current and HSBC basic). She asked if i was planning to keep them. I informed her that i was to close the Halifax and keep the HSBC. Can i close the account myself or do i have to rely on the OR to inform the bank? My actual OR interview is set for a week on Fri on the phone.

Now my child benefit was paid into my Halifax today (Didn't know until a few mins ago, even though it was meant to be paid into my HSBC acc). Now i did something silly, cos my Halifax was to be closed i transferred the money into my HSBC account. Do i need to inform the OR of this?

Edited by britguy79

hi britguy I advise you to open a bank account with either barclays or the co-op as i can tell you that HSBC and Halifax will close your account. it is not their policy to keep opne bank accoutn for undischarged bankrupt.

I had an halifax account before my Br in credit and halifax close it within weeks of hearing my BR.

the OR will not close the account , it is the bank who do it themselves the OR only take possesion of it .

regarding your child benefit is not a problem it is your for your kid but make sure you account for all your child expenses as they take into account child benefit into their IPA calculation.

Thanks phat256, that was very helpful.

Oh i spoke to HSBC and they said that i could keep the account as long as it was a basic account and it will not be closed down.

Edited by britguy79