Global Debt Recovery

17ND
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they were appointed in 2006 then why the long silence, my personal view is tht this debt is pretty close to being statute barred and their letters shiould be ignored. You can report to the OFT on this as Tower are being 'scrutined' at the moment.

They are trying to get info out of you they have't had themselves.

I'll answer your PM a bit later....

I am getting very concerned now, as they seem to be writing on a weekly basis. I also noticed that they have changed from a PO Box address to a street address? Not sure if that means anything at all?

I received the following in the mail today: On the third image, I have blacked out the areas where there was information, but the non-blacked out blanks, had nothing in. Further, the postcode was incorrect, and it refers to a date in 1993. I don't recognise the account number, but then I am not likely to from something back in 1993.

I know I need to respond, but I don't have enough information to be able to acknowledge the debt, so not sure what to ask for next?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks...

Page 1:

091014ND01DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

Page 2:

091014ND02GlobalDebtRecoveryLetter3.jpg

Page 3:

091014ND03DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

Hi there we are in the same situation and our correspondence has been identical to the above letters. We too need to know what letters to write back cca? and statute barred ? I have read on this website that someone has actually put the letters on so that others can copy them but unfortunately have not been able to find the post since. Can anybody help??? Many thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi 60wordsamingirl

You could start your own thread it will help and stop your question getting lost, here is how to do it as suggested to me as a newbe by seaside lady.

To start a new thread, go to the page you want to have a thread, at the top and bottom of the page there is a blue box which says...NEW THREAD. Click on that.

You will get an empty box up, Give your self a title, for example Gobal debt recovery are at it again, and your off.

Please have a read of this link. It has everything you will need to know to help you find your way around this site.

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

Also please have a really good read around the site. As soon as you are ready, make a post and some one will be around to help you. :grin:

Andy

Hope you got sorted 60wordsamin girl?

Can anyone advise what I should do? I am getting quite concerned that I haven't managed to get any answer to my thread in a couple of weeks.

Could anyone advise what I should do, as although I searched here on the site, I am still not sure what I should write back.

Thanks 17ND

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi 17Nd

You could read around similar threads looking for contributers who might also be able to help you.

You could then invite them via a PM to look in on your own thread you will need to provide a link.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

All, I haven't been around this week enough to follow Andy's suggestion, but I plan to in the next day or two, (work is just manic).

Meanwhile, I have received another letter, shown below:

I am confused, as I haven't written to them, and haven't received any further calls since asking them to send me something in writing. So I can't call them to discuss the details, as I haven't raised any as I didn't send a letter?!

Can anyone advise? Meanwhile, I will follow Andy's suggestion and see if anyone else can help?

091028ND01DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

We have received the very same letter as above and yet another telephone call where you could not even speak as they just speak over you. However, this time he says we have a county court judgement in place against us (which we believe not to be true) I simply said show me the orignal document and we will pay the bill?? He said he didn't have it but how did we intend to pay the bill and he said he would in force if we didnt pay and put the phone down. He got very annoyed when I asked him to send me the original county court judgement and I said I would pay the bill to Lloyds (calling his bluff) he said we must pay him (Global). We have contacted TSB customer services who have no knowledge of a county court judgement and they in turn contacted collections who also have no knowledge of this supposed ccj, however they were very surprised to hear of Global Debit methods of obtaining money and are looking into it. We also contacted the police who have recorded all details they have told us Trading Standards and Consumer Direct both know of this company and are very interested and watching they conduct. Apparently they sail very close the wind as far as the law is concerned and bordering operating unorthodoxly. I would suggest that anybody being threatened by this company and don't owe this money or your debt is statute barred then contact TSB Customer Services and complain the more complaints the better. If they threaten you to make a payment don't pay a penny or offer to pay anything until you are sure you don't either owe it or 6 years has past or you will be liable for it. Ask to see the original copy of the ccj if they cant show you it tell them to p off!! I asked TSB to look at this site so please put down anything you want TSB to know

I had the rude phone calls too, where you can't speak. I basically overrode him, (as best I could) and said "send me some documentation that shows I owe the debt", and they sent the above screenshot "from" the bank.

I asked for a copy of the original documentation and they advised "they don't do that".

They also said they have a county court judgement against me which they want to enforce, but as yet, all I have is the correspondence shown in this thread. I am half-minded to ignore them, as if they had anything they would surely send it to me?

60wordsamingirl, let me know if you hear anything else, and in the meantime, I will continue to try and get assistance for this thread and yours. If you get someone to help, please do ask them to look here as well?

Thanks...

i have read many many e mails from people on this site and come to the conclusion that Global Debt recovery / lewis debt recovery & FV-1 are all linked up along the lines including the angel messenger service to

I also beleive that although i banked with TSB some 10-12 years ago they may have simply dug out an old letter or summary saying i owe TSB ££££££ Because the banks dont keep records after 6 years we cannot pay we paid it and Global know that. So it is there word against ours which is the tatic they are using. I have bought a house ? and several cars since then plus furniture on hp and had no problem getting credit. Still this people insist I have a ccj????? as they are over talking me insisting they get paid???? Considering I banked with TSB for a further two years after the date that Global say a ccj was put on me. They then wrote to me in cheap nasty paperwork stating the date had been moved to the 2006. Is this a favoured day they pick out the hat!! Everybodies CCJ's seem to the same month and date. So please dont be frightened of them if they cant show you the original paperwork or it is over 6 years since the debt date then tell them to get stuffed!!! Hopefully any worried people reading this may feel less worried.

• 5 weeks later...

All

I have received two more letters from Global whilst away on business in Boston.

They are both below, but the first states I have returned mail even though I am contactable at the address, and the second states that as I have failed to respond to all previous correspondence they are left with no alternative to proceed further, but as a "goodwill gesture" their client has stated they can negotiate a substantial reduction for early settlement of this debt?!?

RE: the first letter; I haven't returned any mail, so I am not sure what they are on about? I would like to send a letter saying that in order to be able to acknowledge or deny the debt, I need some documentary evidence showing what I am alleged to owe. Does anyone know which template I should use for this?

RE: the second letter; It seems like they are clutching at straws? Surely, if they had a case, and I had refused to respond, they would just take me to court? This seems to be in desperation, and am not sure how to respond.

What does everyone recommend?

The two letters are as follows:

Letter #5

091112ND01DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

Letter #6

091129ND01DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

DO NOT MAKE GLOBAL ANY MORE PHONE CALLS OR ANY OFFERS

let me just say this again.

DO NOT MAKE GLOBAL ANY MORE PHONE CALLS OR ANY OFFERS.

If they call you again send them the telephone harrasment letter draft.

Sorry if I only glanced at this briefly but there are so many holes in this CCJ you could strain tea with it.

Also DCA's are very good at serving CCJ's at previous address which I think is another angle, but for all the reasons mentioned they are up a creek.

Force them to write to you with facts.

If they can't bully you over the phone to paying and you show them you understand, they will wash there hands and pass to another DCA.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• 2 months later...

I haven't called them, or responded to the letters, but I still keep receiving them in the mail (at least the calls have stopped!)

Any ideas on responding in much the same manner as the telephone harrassment letter?

100215ND01DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

And more recently:

100215ND02DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

They seem to have started the phone calls again as well. I got an Unknown number which I genuinely missed, followed by a text a couple of minutes later; I know it was Global Debt Recovery, as I had them in my address book from the last time, and it came up with their name. The text just says:

Mr x x Please telephone Global regarding reference XXnnnnn on telephone 0208 336 7002

What should I do?

I have so many things on the go at the moment, a personal home issue, a bereavement, the winding up of one of the companies I own(ed); there must be something I can do to stop Global contacting me. I asked for them to show proper proof that I owe this money, but they just sent a screenshot (below). Surely that cannot count as proper proof I owe this money?

Really would welcome the advice. Thanks, 17ND

091014ND03DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

I just received another letter, this time asking me to complete a direct debit (see below)

From what I have read in the forums, I shouldn't enter into a direct debit, as they can take whatever amount they like, when they like, but I do need to know how I should respond, so that desist in sending letters. Can anyone help please?

100228ND01DRGlobalDebtRecoveryLette.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi 17

I have a simular situation, slightly different but it all started answering the T I letter. They claim I had 2 debts with Llyods I have never banked with them. I now throw the letters I get weekly in the bin and pick up the phone and put it down.

I subscribed to Credit Expert who, I gave all of my address to going back 12 years and none of the debts were logged.

Your last post was back in March have you had anything else from them?

Hey SpncrPaulJ

Not heard anything since my last post. I would ask for confirmation of the debt in paper form, and refuse to reply to anything until you receive such.

17ND

• 1 year later...

Hi themadcap

It did indeed. I made the mistake of answering the first couple of cals and responding to the letter, but then sent a letter as per the thread, and although I received a couple more, it did just go away...

Hope yours is a similar outcome?

17ND