Bank withdraws mortgage offer after survey (but Survey is OK)

xiong1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was looking for some advise please. I made a mortgage application with the Woolwich and secured an agreement in principle, we then moved to the survey which came back as OK, and then the Woolwich pulled out, claiming that we didn't meet their lending criteria!

None of mine or my wifes information / circumstances changed, I checked my Experian report and score it was still the same and 871 (good nearly excelent) So why would they have pulled out? especially after we payed £350 for the survey, if we didn't meet the criteria after the survey then we would not have met it before the survey.

I'm £350 out of pocket and they are like oh well, surely this is poor practice as even the most basic of due-dilligance will say can they afford the mortgage before sending the Surveyor.

What do you guys think?

thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

That happened to me too after survey etc. Turns out there was a payment on my bank statement to the student loans co. when I was late deferring it and they declined me-thinking that I hadn't told them about a payment that was coming out of my account. I then explained that it was a one-off and got it in the end though it was a hastle to sort out.:-x I would speak to your advisor mine was really good at sorting it out- it's probably something like that I wouldn't worry.

Hope that helps