Help with 'Welcome' please.

dawnytrish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked daughter and her boyfriend as it is his account and they wanted to give 8 weeks because with the account in dispute they aren't paying anything

Thats a fair enough comment, them dragging their heels is to your advantage so why rush, and as you said it goes in your favour to a judge or the regulators that you have been more than fair.

again I reiterate their is absolutely no excuse for an higher APR, and it does have a huge impact on what you pay back.

as said if you give me the current APR and the proposed and the loan outstanding and time left on the loan I will work out the differance for you.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ozzy....I will try and get some figures together over the next few days...but am away over the weekend so maybe early next week.The original account is only just over a year old but my daughters boyfriend was in a mess with it from the start so there are some arrears.The statement of account is posted with all other docs at the start of the thread.

And No... we havn't received a questionaire....they just agreed to cancel insurances ???????Makes you wonder why doesnt it.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Dawnx

probably coz the insurances dont exist anyway :rolleyes:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Below are our old agreement and then the new one that Welcome want us to sign by tomorrow.This is supposed to be how the original agreement would have been with no ppi....Please note the higher interest.

Welcome have not yet replied to our last letter putting the account in dispute.They signed for this on 11/02/10.

Please can someone tell me how much difference the rise in interest would make.

They say if this is not signed by tomorrow they will cancel our complaint.....although they havn't answered any of them yet except that we wish to cancel ppi.

Thanks Dawnx

Edited by dawnytrish

The interest rate still looks like 69.59% (ouch...) to me . The APR has changed - but that could be because of the acceptance fee - proportionate to the amount of credit, the fee will be more without the PPI (even though it's still the same amount), because the amount of credit is less. - APR takes account of all charges for credit not just interest.

I would be inclined to write to them reminding them that there are complaints outstanding so the issues cannot be closed as you are awaiting a response. Cant help on the contract coz im useless on the figures side sorry dawn :(

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

The interest rate still looks like 69.59% (ouch...) to me . The APR has changed - but that could be because of the acceptance fee - proportionate to the amount of credit, the fee will be more without the PPI (even though it's still the same amount), because the amount of credit is less. - APR takes account of all charges for credit not just interest.

Oh I see.....the 69.59% is the rate of interest....I was looking at the APR.:rolleyes:.

Well the new agreement was to be signed by today and it hasn't been.

My daughter tried to telephone Compliance yesterday but couldnt get through (just kept cutting off).

So she phoned the local office and explained that they havnt answered our last letters.The girl said these were not on their system yet!!!!!....One was delivered by Recorded delivery and signed for 11/02/10 and the other was Hand delivered to Local office on the same day.

Am going to ignore this new agreement and letter saying they will close the complaint for now and give them time to reply to the account in dispute letter (I did give them 8 weeks to respond to the last letter so that is what they can have) and if not will do another letter as Beyond said.

Thanks to everyone on this forum.You are all a mine of information and I am learning alot myself.I just wish I knew enough to help others.....One day maybe if I keep reading:)

Take care

Dawnx

Edited by dawnytrish

That`s the trick Dawn. Read everything you think could help in this situation. don`t just stick to the **** Forum. some Very useful stuff elsewhere on CAG.

I bookmark or save everything I find interesting, then I just read until I have it Sorted. Sometimes get a Headache (size 30 on the Richter Scale), but worth it if I can use that info. or I can pass it to someone who may not have seen it, for them to Blow the **** Away.

Cheers, MARK

Havnt had a drink for 2 years on April 7th.....twas wrecking too much of my life.xx:-)

It is 7 years for me Dawn!!! Well Done to You!!! It Makes Hell of A Difference to Everybody Who Still Admits They Know ME!!! lol Enjoying Every Minute As Well.

Cheers, MARK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dawny,

I saw on another thread that you received a F&F settlement offer from Welcome (65% IIRC)...just wondering whether this just came totally out of the blue or whether youd previously intimated to them that you might be up for paying a reduced amount to close the matter?

No response to my "shove your new agreement" letter yet, however we usually seem to receive all of our Welcome letters on a Saturday so fingers crossed for tomorrow lol :)

Hi DJ.

We have had no reply as yet to the 'shove your new agreement' letter:D

The F & F settlement offer letter came out of the blue.We havn't asked at all.

There's no way he could pay it off at the moment.:rolleyes:

Will just keep on waiting and keep you informed of any news.

Dawnx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ozzy,

All quiet on the Welcome front really.

We had one phone call from the local office....a lovely girl...asking if we had heard anything from Compliance...(we had sent account in dispute letter to both offices).We told her we had heard nothing and she said she would get onto it and someone would ring back within 24 hours.

No one has rung back yet and that was a week last Friday:|.

Will let you know if anything happens.....

Thanks for all you are doing on here Ozzy....you are a star.

Dawnxx

Hi Ozzy,

All quiet on the Welcome front really.

We had one phone call from the local office....a lovely girl...asking if we had heard anything from Compliance...(we had sent account in dispute letter to both offices).We told her we had heard nothing and she said she would get onto it and someone would ring back within 24 hours.

No one has rung back yet and that was a week last Friday:|.

Will let you know if anything happens.....

Thanks for all you are doing on here Ozzy....you are a star.

Dawnxx

Oooo running scared maybe?!

Hi Beyond,

I hope they are running scared...but I doubt it.I have a bad feeling about this and feel it could just be the calm before the storm.:(

As I have said before we really just want this mess clearing up and are quite willing to pay the back the monies borrowed with interest but not until our complaints are answered.

After all they have said they will cancel ppi....but then wont refund anything paid.They want a new agreement signed to start again......but cant tell us how much refund they will give until the end?????

And still we are waiting for a statement.......:???:

Ahh well....will just have to play the waiting game:rolleyes:

Dawnx

OK Folks....received a letter....see below.....

This is in response to an E-form, presumably sent by our local office to complaints.None of our questions have been answered and our account indispute letter has not been acknowledged at all.

Before reading this please bear in mind that they have already said that they would cancel the ppi and have sent a new agreement (which has not been signed).

Enclosed with the letter is THE questionaire.............

I think I will have to send them yet another letter to ignore.....or should we just wait for the 8 weeks to be up for the account in dispute letter......thoughts please would be appreciated.

Oh and by the way...we are not making any contractual payments and havn't done so since we sent the account in dispute letter.

CCF27032010_00000.jpg

Dawnx