welcome finance.....a lifetime commitment?!

dollies01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a phone call from Welcome last night, and I asked if loans were subject to insurances being taken out. the reply was no.

My husband swears blind, that he was told, no insurance, no loan.

I asked if interest was being added for my reduced payment (like I didnt know!)

the reply was yes

I asked if they did not think that they should of told me this, either by phone or letter

The reply was yes

I asked if charges had been applied to my account, and of course the answer was yes.

I asked if they knew anybody that wasn't certifiably mad, had ever taken out a two grand loan over twelve years

The answer was I dont know.

I said that I was sending head office a S.A.R and they asked what that was!

I ended the phone call.

It was tea time, and the sausages had more intelligence

S.A.R. in the post today.

I enquired with Welcome Finance; the girl on the phone told me not only that the PPI was a necessity but that it actually improved your credit scoring with lending companies as it showed a willingness to pay back the loan!!!!

Subject to what other threads say about these people, from her mannerisms and way she spoke I think she has been told this by a trainer / supervisor and actually believed it to be true!! (as opposed to saying it to get the extra few quid she would be paid for getting some numpty to sign up for it!!)

Thank God I didn't take out a loan with these people!!

great news pucc!

I about to file my AQ in response to their defence.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 1 month later...

I am also a victim....long story short...got finance for a car....within 4 weeks exhaust had to be replaced...air bag light connectors replaced....2 days after air bag light connectors are replaced roof starts leaking through electric sun roof switch...i have written to them at least 12 times head office twice referred me back to local branch...they just didnt want to know. door seals are coming off....anyway...9 months on and no repairs since we had had the car for less than 6 months it was their responsibilty to repair it) so.....insured, taxed mot`d and sitting on the drive unused i got fed up and took it to their office and left it outside on june 17th....still nothing...no calls no letters nothing. I havent paid anything since january and have been told by trading standards that they have breeched the contract and we have riscinded.....how do i get my money back? I want back all the monthly payments we made...the insurance...tax...mot...we had to buy another car and we traded one in...not to mention the stress and inconvenience.

thanks in advance for any help.

Sue

welcome to the site, read around all the other Welcome threads, if you search you will find many, also see the similar threads at the bottom of the page. try looking at the consumer credit agreements threads also and you will discover how your agreement looks, the templates for unfair charges are in bank templates but you will have to tweak it for PPI, etc. you need to get all your information first, add it all up, most importantly work out what you need to achieve, have the messed up your credit file or threaten to, do you need them to pay back unlawful fees, insurances, can this be achieved only by starting court proceedings. best of luck, I am waiting for my hearing date, having tried all to negotiate but failed.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

has anyone successfully claimed PPI through the courts I wonder??

I have split my claim and have not approached for insurance yet, my first claim is the unfair charges, others have ongoing claims for their mis sold PPI, just for those watching for outcomes just a reminder, but I am pursuing a defualt removal also.

sorry jster$$$ only just seen your email you sent to me... my claim was for charges on mt account for finance.. i only got to the stage where you send a letter saying in 2 weeks i will be taking you to court unless you send me my charges back.. so they did and with the added interest. so dont really know what to say about ppi i did not take it out when i bought my car.. sorry once again..

Hi thanks for your reply.

All i want back from them is the payments we made, the insurance,tax and mot for the 9 months we were unable to use the car because they wouldnt/hadn`t repaired it. Can I ask them for the money we had to find for the other car we had to buy (only £200) because we couldn`t use theirs? Then there is the stress and inconvenience.I want to be compensated for that too. I want to write to them with a settlement figure but I dont know what to say or what figure to give them?!?!?!

If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

Thanks again.

Sue.

if it were me i would add up all monies spent and then see about getting some compo from them for all your time wasted inclueding phone calls ect!!! get every penny you can out of them remember they have scr*wed you so now you should scr*w them!!!

HI pucc.

Thanks for your advice. Thing is I dont know how much to ask for when it comes to compo. I have spent 9 months stressing about this writing to them and having to put up with them ringing and patronising me....is there a set amount of compo for this kinda thing?

Thanks again

Sue.

Hi sue have you asked a solicitor? Or some one on here might be able to advise you.. Try putting a post in a different area and see what the response is some of the regular site members might give you a better idea..Sorry i cant be of more help good look..