Sky Miselling Package/Communal Dish

slowmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick one to see if anyone has had the same problem.

I signed up to the Sky+ HD package which went live yesterday. Upon use of the Sky + service I realised that I wasnt able to record a separate channel whilst watching another channel - something that is an integral feature of the Sky+ package.

I was unaware having a communal dish could cause a problem with the service and was never told when the engineer (from a 3rd party company employed by Sky) came to install the box.

When I phoned the company to query this I was told it is a common problem with people who use a communal dish, and I should of been told this was an issue upon installation, which I wasn't.

Even though admitting this error, they have refused to offer me with any compensation and have offered to either downgrade my service or cancel it completely.

I'm really angry and upset as I'm paying about £70 p/month for a service I can't use to it's full potential, and in the area I live, Cable is not available to me and my TV reception limits me to four channels!!

Any ideas about how to proceed with this??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

there are a couple of threads abouthis issue

try

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/digital-tv-services/204944-sky-but-not-sky.html

you can look for any others yourself

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

theres not much the installers can do. it is up to te management company of that flats to install the second feeds to the flats.

yes the installer should have advised you but the opttions they gaeare the only 2 availabe apart from carryingon with what you have

id x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)