Distant selling..

londoncass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I bought some goods from an online retailer and paid for the courier. I was duly given a tracking ID. I phoned the courier and they agreed to call me an hour before it was going to be delivered... they didn't. Instead they called me when the driver was outside and that he had already left. I asked them to send him back and I would be there in 10 mins. They said ok. I got back (12 mins) and he was gone. I called and they said he came back but there was no answer!

The courier has now said that I will have to pay for a re-delivery, and their depot is over 100 miles from me so I can't come and pick up.

I have complained to the retailer, but am annoyed because I had to leave work and drive thru the congestion charge only to be mucked about! I have told the retailer I want free redelivery or cancel the order and a full refund. They have said that they can't do this as they have been charged for delivery (and quoted double what I paid.. though their price sounds more reasonable as it was a large item!)

So my question is, can I now tell them I have changed my mind and then get a full refund under the distant selling law? The reason for this is a local retailer is now selling the same item for the same price so I can just go and pick it up after work!!

Thanks

You have the right to cancel under the DSR, but if it's because you have changed your mind, as long as they did specify it in their T&Cs beforehand, they have the right not to refund you the delivery charge. (Different if you had examined the goods and found them to be faulty).