Incorrect Amazon delivery Fraud, Theft or a Mistake

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have just spent 1 hour and 10 minutes on the telephoneAmazon customer services department. based in The Philipines. I dealt with 2 people an adviser then his supervisor both were very helpful, but I don't feel like my annoyance and anger has been fully expressed.

I originally purchased on Monday last week

Sony Cybershot Digital camera

Sony Cybershot W220B Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 4x Optical Zoom)2.7"LCD

B001PIJ9G2|1

Sony Soft Carrying Case For Slim Cybershot

And a Sony Memory Stick. From flash_memory

I was offered free delivery (3-5 days) which I thought would be adequate.

The memory card turned up fine in the post to the delivery address.

I tracked the shipment for several days, and it finally reached the local depot (Home Delivery Network) on Thursday.

My parents stayed at home all day Friday, but no one came.

I spoke to Home Delivery Network, and they said a card should have been left, no card was left.

I didn’t expect delivery at the weekend or the bank holiday, so was hoping for the delivery on Tuesday 1st September.

This was a gift for my sister’s birthday, and luckily the parcel arrived!!!!

She opened her gift, and it was a book, which was unfortunate in its own right, however, it was the subject of the book what has caused the most anger.

The book was titled Gloria Hunniford coping with life after death.

It was her birthday and her husband died just under a year ago, a massive coincidence and a deeply upsetting subject

The camera was supposed to be a surprise, so imagine how upset I was that she received this totally random book, which bought back a flood of memories.

She rang me crying asking why I had bought her this.

I rang Home Delivery Network who said they just deliver parcels sent by amazon.

My sister said the sellotape on the parcel looked slightly suspect, but had my name and address on it, as we both queried if the items had been stolen.

If Amazon have sent the wrong item it is a huge mistake.

Either way I don’t expect to pay £134 for 2 items, and get an incorrect item

I spoke to customer services at length and requested the same camera to be delivered immediately by tomorrow, however the earliest they could send it was November!!!!

They agreed to refund the price of the camera if I purchase a replacement camera from amazon.co.uk, as I needed it by tomorrow for my sister's holiday and can't get to the shops tonight.

I wanted to stick with Sony as I had paid for and received a Sony Memory stick, I found a better model, which was in stock and could be delivered by tomorrow, but it was a slightly more expensive model

I had to forfeit the camera case as I can’t afford it.

However I would like to point out that I paid

£166.74 for the new camera

£22 for next day delivery (which Chris said amazon would pay half of the cost)

1 hour 10 minutes at 20p a minute on mobile (0800 number) as I was on my lunch break trying sort this out, as it is impossible to use the phone at work for this length of time

£14

I am now over £60 out of pocket because of amazon’s mistake or because of a mix up at the delivery company.

Any other explanation results in theft or fraud.

As you can imagine I’m extremely angry and upset with amazon. I have used amazon lots over the last few years, and have never had a problem.

This has totally damaged my trust and respect for your company.

I have sent them an email, but to be honest I don't know if I will here from them

Also at the time of writing, I am waiting for the supervisor at the customer services to ring me, as he gave me his word he would refund the money once he saw a new order was placed.

So at present I have spent over £300, and still no camera until tomorrow morning.

Any advice

I'm no expert but I would have thought they should refund you the payment without any requirement to purchase anything else. It was their mistake and even if you had just changed your mind you should be covered under the DSR.

I'm sure someone will come along soon who can quite the relevant laws.

I have dealt with Amazon for some time now and I'm sure they will make things right.

Hi

Ive always found amazons customer service to be very good, like the time i ordered 5 books and the delivery driver left them in the wheely bin on a wet day and didnt close the lid properly. Picked them out packaging fell to bit which lead to VERY dirty books.

Sent them and email and had replacements the next day

Tell them what you want and they will do it

yep they are very good.

how sad you have the one that is obv not.

if you dont get your way, do a chargeback on your credit card.

i would also expect a fund of your mobile phone time they should have phoned you back.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I too have found Amazon's customer service excellent. I once got a faulty item and it was replaced immediately. On another occasion, I accidently ordered the same book twice. I used their sticky label to return it, which meant I paid no postage, but expected to have the postage subtracted from the refunded amount. It was my stupidity ordering two copies of the same book. But Amazon refunded the full price, including paying the carraige for what was my mistake.

If all companies were like Amazon, forums like this would not be needed!

Dave

Edited by DavidKirkby
minor workd changes and spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely right, Amazon are obliged to refund you the full cost of your order (not just the item you are missing) as they have not fulfilled their contract, ie they have not delivered your goods. There is no requirement for you to make an additional purchase to entitle you to this. You should insist on this, if they do not agree, then put your request in writing, letter before action, giving them 7 days to comply, templates available in the library.