any help regarding points and paper licence

madasamuppet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just a quick question hope someone can help me with. My hubby has lost the paper part of his licence and needs to know when the 3 points he got for speeding went on and when they are due to come off. Is there anyway he can get another copy of the paper licence and when the points are spent do the dvla send out a new paper licence to reflect this. thanks in advance.

The DVLA wont send out a new license when the points are spent. Points are spent after 3 years but stay on for 4 years.(Court Clerk confirmed this for me when hubby got an SP30 a couple of weeks ago).

The only way to get a new license is to apply for one from the DVLA and it costs £20.00.

Replacing your driving licence if lost, stolen, defaced or destroyed : Directgov - Motoring

or free if you're changing address at the same time!

not that I am suggesting you should make stuff up to get a new free licence, but....

it could happen that you have had a marital spat which resulted in hubby moving back to his parents house. He would of course notify the DVLA of this change and get a new licence. In 3 or 4 months time when you kiss and make up, he could move back to the shared house, requiring him to notify the DVLA of this new address again.

or free if you're changing address at the same time!

My hubby has lost the paper part of his licence

Not if you dont have or can't return BOTH parts of the licence. I lost the paper part after moving house recently and fell foul of this rule. I decided not to get the replacement straight away then got stopped by the police who politely informed me that if I dont have BOTH parts of the licence then I DONT HAVE A LICENCE.

"Points are spent after 3 years but stay on for 4 years.(Court Clerk confirmed this for me when hubby got an SP30 a couple of weeks ago)."

So after the four years what happens then, do they send a new paper part reflecting this or do you have to enquire.

Bytheway I found his paper part so that a relief especially if not got all bits then deemed not to have a licence if stopped.

spent points stay on there until you ask for a renewal either by requesting points removal, change of address or at the statutory 10 year renewal date.

Change of address is free, the other two options cost £20 each.