Comet mis-sell products??

831badger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We purchased a 2 televisions from Comet 1 week back. We also purchased a monster power surge protector.

Comet told us that as we were purchasing the 2 televisions they would do a deal on the monster socket and knocked £50 off the price.

We discovered that the 2nd tv we purchased had no remote but were assured that it would be with us within a couple of days.

We returned to the store 2 days later to be told that the remote could now take up to 2 weeks. After some discussion we were told they could try and have one sent from another store but this could take a few days (subsequently this has never materialised).

We obviously became frustrated as the tv is not the easiest to operate withou a remote We therefore decided to go look at Currys to see what they had with a view to taking the goods back and shopping elsewhere.

At currys we discovered that they had no 2nd tvs that matched the style or price range we wanted and that the main plasma tv was £50 cheaper than at comet. We returned to Comet and spoke with the manager who informed us that we'd had a discount and that we weren't getting anymore. We stated that the discount had been for the Monster item and not the tv so now we had found it cheaper elsewhere we would like them to price amtch. He told us that the salesman had taken the discount off the tv and not the monster item as he wasn't allowed to discount that! Is that not mis-selling? Is there not a fraud offence there as well?

We then discovered only a few days later (less than a week after purchase) that the tv price has been brought down in price to match the Currys price.

I have ended up returning the 2nd tv and had to purchase a more expensive one as the remote has not materialised and they have not been very helpful overall...

What can i do?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem, the price match promise is a load of rubbish. We told them we saw the same tele somewhere else cheaper and they pretended to phone the shop, they said that they could not match the price because the other shop did not have any of that model in stock. I rang the other shop there and then on my mobile and they did have some in stock. You can imagine how I loudly I started kicking off. Eventually they gave me my refund, " as a goodwill guesture" more like getting rid of me

• 2 weeks later...

Badger regarding to your issue, the discount applied would have been for the monster essentials. As it shows up on the store figures and essentials are targetted they were never allowed to discount the actual essentials item.

Best way to deal with it now is to put this into writing in a polite manor to the Headoffice and explain the situation.

The store most probably will be first once to deal with this issue and they normally have 4 hours to respond.If not it goes to the Area Managers level and so on.

It is normal procedure for the main items to be discounted instead of any add ons.

But this shouldnt really be a big issue as the store should see the problem that this has happened and give you the difference back.

Just a polite notice to the headoffice will be enough to get the ball rolling.end of the day £50 is still £50 .

Hope this helps