• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

hfc is it legal ??

feelinglow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Just a quick update this is not a reply to my request to them as it is to soon but they have sent me an arrears notice a statement of my account and low and behold a Default Notice.

I will scan them and put them up later for you to have a look.

Rgrds

Hi

This is wot I received today 1st 1 is my statement if you notice on the right it say's i had NO PPI funny that and it was £12500 I borrowed the rest was PPI and Interest.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/badger1964_2008/Statement.jpg

2nd is my first default notice from them.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/badger1964_2008/Default.jpg

And this is an arrears notice.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/badger1964_2008/arrearsnotice1of2.jpg

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/badger1964_2008/arrearsnotice2of2.jpg

Will keep you updated.

Rgds

HI

The statement just shows the up to date position so there is no PPI now because it has finished.

The DN has been issued to allow them to terminate the agreement and take further action. We will deal with that in due course. Did you receive the OFT Information sheet with it?

We will have to wait for a reply to your letter now to decide the next move. It will be interesting to see how you have made 7 years payments on a £12500 debt though and you still owe £10,000.

Pedross

29th August 2009 was a Saturday.. :)

Did you by any chance keep the envelope it came in ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi pedross

Did you receive the OFT Information sheet with it?

Yes the OFT sheet was in there with it.

Hi citizen

Did you by any chance keep the envelope it came in ?

Yes but there is no date post mark on there, there never is with hfc's letter's for some reason ?

Thx both

Rgds

Hi citizen

Yes but there is no date post mark on there, there never is with hfc's letter's for some reason ?

Thx both

Rgds

In which case, it was probably a UK Mail or similar secondary courier postal system so that would make even the 1st class mail an inferior post of 1st class = 3 days.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi All

Finally got a response from HFC 2 letters today. This is the first letter I got from them...

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/badger1964_2008/hfc1.jpg

They seem to think the letter came from a third party not me or am I reading it wrong ?? and they have 15 days to reply well they are well past that for 1 thing don't make sence to me. my letter dated the 30th of august Pedross didn't post the letter on here till 3rd of september how these people get away with the things they do is beyond me :-s

And this is the second letter...

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/badger1964_2008/hfc2.jpg

Are they thick or is it just me ?? no don't answer that thx lol.. I fail to see why they would want too talk to my doctor about my loan when that is not the issue..I want my information about me as they are fully aware. Just seem to be banging my head against a brick wall with these people.

and these envelopes actually have post marks on, first time ever lol.

what would be my next step now ?? Thx in advance.

Rgds

Hi

Well the letters make no sense and the first one looks as if it was written by a 5 year old.

It appears that they have allocated a letter from someone else to your file. There is no way you can answer them as they have no relevence.

In my opinion you should just wait until they write again. You can point out these two letters to them later if needed. You have written a sensible letter to them and they have not replied to it so it seems reasonable to wait for a reply.

The fact is they are still well over the 40 days allowed for the SAR.

Pedross

Hi Pedross

Thx for the reply I'm glad to see your answer I thought it was just me.. They are really winding me up now it seems like everything I do to sort this out they just keep throwing spanners in the works. How can these people behave like they do and get away with it, the stress is really getting to me now.thx again, will let you know when I hear off them again.

Rgds

Reading your last post I think I should explain something.

They have not thrown a spanner in the works they are playing into your hands. They have shown that they are incompetent and are confused about the contents of your file. They have not supplied the SAR and are in breach of the regulations and have not sent a sensible reply to your last letter.

I could go on but I have made my point.

You should be happy that they are so stupid and if you never hear from them again that will be great. They are not getting away with anything they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Don't let me see you post about stress again its all in your mind. You are in the driving seat at the moment so please enjoy it. No news is good news.:)

Pedross

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just a quick update...not heard nothing off HFC yet but they have updated my credit file again....

MR xxxxx

Address: xxxxxxxx

Date of birth: xxxxxx

Company name: HFC BANK PLC

Account type: Loan

Special Instruction Indicator: Credit Protection Insurance Claim

Special Instruction Start Date: 01/12/2006

Special Instruction End Date: 01/05/2009

Started: 21/11/2001

Default Balance: £10,195

Current Balance: £8,740

Defaulted On: 30/06/2009

File Updated for the Period to: 13/09/2009

They have taken out the part where it said (Repayment Period: Monthly Payment: £200 over 140 months) how convenient.

Will let you know more as soon as i know thx..

Rgds

Hi pedross

I was just wondering is it possible that even though my loan was taken out at £350 PCM over 84 months

that somewhere along the line when I came to make a claim on the insurance that because I had made an arrangement with them over the phone to pay £200 amonth for short period...

that someone in their office has made a balls up by telling the insurance people that my loan was for £200 PCM over 140 months

and thats why they only paid that amount

also that is why they put the £200 amonth over 140 months on my credit file as well

but as you know that part as now been removed from my credit file.

now they have relized their mistake and are coming after me for the short fall which if had been delt with properly would have originally been paid off by the insurance.

.just my thoughts or maybe I am completely wrong I dont know what do you think ???

Rgds

Hi Feelinglow

Sorry about the delay but have been very busy and did not want to reply in a rush. Your comments above might not be a million miles away but we will find out in the end.

The next step is to communicate with the people who are communicating with you. That way they will either go away and leave you alone or answer our questions. So lets get a bit tougher and send the following letter to Beneficial with a copy of the first letter in post 34 and a copy of the letter you sent to them (post 24):

Dear Sirs

I am in receipt of your letter dated 6 October 2009 the contents I have noted.

However, I would bring to your attention a copy of the letter I recently sent to HFC Bank, which I believe is self explanatory. I am still awaiting a sensible reply to the letter and the information that I have requested, including the documents I am entitled to in my Subject Access Request.

I did in fact receive two letters, the first one dated 21 September (copy enclosed) which appeared to have been written by a 5 year old. It might of course make more sense to you because it looks more like an inter office memo.

Your letters are not attempting to resolve the matter and I therefore request once again, that you provide me with the information that I have requested without any further delay.

Yours Faithfully

Feelingmoreconfidentnow.

Hi pedross

Thx again for the help I have sent these off in the post today 1st class recorded and I have signed using sign guard so they have no excuse about it not being signed.Will be in touch as soon as I hear anything . Thx again.

Best Rgds

Hi pedross

Looks like our letters crossed in the post I finally received my loan agreement and terms and a print out of payments made as well.

This is the letter I received at last....

hfc response pictures by badger1964_2008 - Photobucket

and this was their copy what should be a true copy of the loan argeement and terms..

hfc terms theirs pictures by badger1964_2008 - Photobucket

As you can see straight away there's no signiture on it. I'm guessing that's why they kept asking for a signiture speci to prove who I was.

Now this is my copy of the loan agreement and terms which they gave me at the time just to refresh your memory..

my loan and terms pictures by badger1964_2008 - Photobucket

Now if you compare the 2 together you will see they are different..These are the two loan agreements and terms together...

both compared pictures by badger1964_2008 - Photobucket

On the loan agreements at the bottom both are different also the numbers at the bottom right the (s) is missing after the 1st set of numbers.

Now on the back of my loan agreement the terms are printed, at the bottom right again where the numbers are they again are different to the terms they have sent.

If this was a true copy then surely the numbers would be exactly the same as mine.

Hope this helps. thx again

Best rgds

So it appears that they do not have a copy of the signed agreement.

Can you post up the statement showing the payments that will be useful.

I will let you know the next step as soon as i have enough time to deal with it but its looking pretty good for you at the moment.

P

Hi FG

Not that difficult to understand the information if you work from left to right. But now its your job to check them. Step at a time - Start top left

02/01/2002 £306.94 + £43.45 = £350.39

so you made the first payment on 02/01/2002 & the 2nd on 01/02/2002 and so on.

Then someone paid £50 p month and then various amounts and then £200 p month

Please check the agreements and let me know which ones you made and when the insurance started and when it finished.

If we can be absolutely sure what has happened here it is one part of our case and could win it. If the case is weak we can look at other options. The main point is that we need to be sure of our argument before going on the attack.

Have a busy weekend - not really it won't take you long to do.

Pedross

Hi pedross

I've had a good look through and I think I've made a booboo. I checked my medical stuff again and noticed it was march 05 I became ill and not march 03 Sorry for the mistake hope this hasn't jeopardize things for me.

Looking through the statements they sent the insurance took over with the first payment on the 12/05/05 paying £786.66 and from then on till they made there final payments on the 27/12/08 for £200 and another for £133.33.

Hope this helps and not hinders things. Thx again.

Rgds

Edited by feelinglow

I should be a detective. I always get to the bottom of it.:)

Well it does make a difference obviously but it just means I have to review the options again. I have only been establishing the facts up until now but there are options popping up as I do so.

Now it appears that I have the facts we can look at how to deal with the alleged balance.

I am really busy this week so please bear with me I will be back.

Pedross

• Haha 1