Woodentop v Barclays round 2

woodentop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya - Long time no speak as they say welll lol here we go again

Had a lovely convo today with a very exciteable pipsqueak from Barclays about our account. Firstly she asked for hubby by his first name and when I asked whose calling she said it was a personal call (thank god I trust him after 34 yrs or I could have been accusing him of allsorts lol). He was here but I knew I wouldnt let him loose on the phone - loose cannon comes to mind - anyhow so then she asks for me so I thought I'd have chat with her. Well 3 times I had to ask her to slow down because she was talking so quick I couldnt understand what she was saying. Essentially it was a call about our current account, and why was we using our reserve to its limit and she was only trying to help - yeah right - Told her if it wasnt for the reserve fees at the beginning for going £1 overdrawn and spiralling costs of all sorts, the cheeky *** said it was our own fault that we had been charged these fees. By then I am steaming, so the row went on and on and she rattled on about our credit rating. She wanted me to pay some money in today by credit/debit card, tap a member of the family to pay up, beg on street corners (not really) so in the end I agreed to pay an amount to be taken out of our account each month.

Thank god I have moved to another bank this week lol, and I will pay money into Barclays if I have any left but in the meantime I am going to start on the track of getting back these reserve fee charges. So in effect could I ask them to freeze my account whilst it is in dispute? Just a thought.

Am I correct in thinking that its best to do the "old style" charges separate to the "reserve fees" and that the reserve fees fall outside of the test case and should not be stayed?

The reserve is in that kinda not in the OFT test case but in the OFT test case if you litigate since the legislation you would use is the same. Personally, I would get rid of the Reserve because you are being charged £22.00 every time you use it every 5 working days. You need to tell telephone banking to remove the reserve.

I would stick all eggs into one basket. They won't freeze the account whilst its in dispute.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks for that YB - I have all statements so will start gathering the information together and treat as one claim. She did say she had put a temp overdraft on to stop us getting anymore charges so I presume the reserve has been taken off. I will check that out though.

WT

Hi Woodentop,

You'd do well to keep an eye on this thread, to see how Bookworm gets on with reclaiming Reserve Fees after a complaint to the FOS.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/181529-right-war-bookie-barclays.html

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)