Admin error caused fines

jcaps
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A company, without my permission and without giving notice, took £150 from my account. They have conceded it was an admin error and have agreed to pay the money back. However, the DD took me over my overdraft limit incurring £50 worth of charges. Any ideas on how to claim this back from the company would be greatly appreciated.

Abbey 1 settled in full 01/05/07

Hi - whichever company it is that has admitted their error is responsible - u only need show the 'cause and effect' and they must refund you - u may have to send a bank statement blanking out the relevant bits etc first - I have incurred over £300 in charges with nationwide due to my motor insurance calling for ddms after the policy was finished - i even cancelled these same ddms with nationwide but they seem to believe that they are entitled to charge me due to not cancelling with the insurer also!! - they are still adding £20 per month interest on top and it will escalate in this way until we get into court over it no doubt. oops, bit of a moan there:)