What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the hospital today and went to claim back parking and petrol. Got the costs back and was told that next time, I would have to take the bus. The stupid thing is, some people who are out patients at certain departments can get petrol and parking charges refunded. Why is it one rule for them and one rule for us? If I did come by bus, I would need someone with me and it would cost almost as much and would take 3 times as longer to get there.

I HATE TRICK OR TREATERS :mad2: IT'S A STUPID AMERICAN IDEA FOR TEENAGERS TO BEHAVE BADLY AND GET AWAY WITH IT :mad2:

They have just lobbed a neighbours lit pumpkin from outside of their house, over my daughters car :mad2:

Wax and pumpkin remains all over the car .............. amazingly it didn't set fire to it :mad2:

I hate this time of year, I just turn the lights out, sit with the candles on, telly on low and don't answer the door or even look on Halloween. When it gets near bonfire night I allways start to get nervy. We had a firework put through our letterbox years ago and I've never quite got over it. Even though no damage was caused (it didn't set fire to anything thank god, there was just tonnes of smoke everywhere) I was in the house on my own that night and found it very frightening. I'm allways worried that it's going to happen again. I used to push very heavy things up to the letterbox to stop anything being able to be pushed through but now we have a new door and the letterbox is no longer on the floor, it's the first year since that I won't be able to do that.

Hearing yobs at wikstead park cut off the feet of two amazon parots, they were left to bleed to death and found still alive, but had to be put down.

So terrible and sad :(

Disgusting. I'll never understand how anybody could be so cruel. Poor poor animals, I cannot imagine the pain and fear they must have felt. **** like that don't seserve to live amongst us!!!

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Hearing that a friend with learning disabilities has been interviewed under caution (a family member was present) regarding unpaid council tax that she knew nothing about and being presented with a bill for £28k!!!!!!

Both her parents have died in the last year or so and although her father was in a home, her mother was perfectly capable and the lady herself is sensible enough to know about paying bills.

I'm seeing her Saturday with all her paperwork to try and work out what's happening. Apparently her benefits will be stopped until the bills paid. The family member apparently thinks it will have to be paid.

Something doesn't add up here!!!!!! :-x

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hearing that a friend with learning disabilities has been interviewed under caution (a family member was present) regarding unpaid council tax that she knew nothing about and being presented with a bill for £28k!!!!!!

Both her parents have died in the last year or so and although her father was in a home, her mother was perfectly capable and the lady herself is sensible enough to know about paying bills.

I'm seeing her Saturday with all her paperwork to try and work out what's happening. Apparently her benefits will be stopped until the bills paid. The family member apparently thinks it will have to be paid.

Something doesn't add up here!!!!!! :-x

Something similar happened to my dad. I lived away for a while but still got all my mail delivered to my dads. He was claiming full Council Tax Benefit as he was the only person living there. When I came back I got a place of my own and they asked me my previous address. I didn't want them knowing all of my private (but perfectly legal) business, so I said I was living with my dad for that time. He then received a letter from them saying he had been overpayed 4 years of benefit and they wanted 4K from him. He is 76 years old and nearly had his 10th heart attack. He had to go and sign a decleration to say I was only using his address as a c/o address. He is OK now, but I have now received a letter asking me where I was for that time. Why do they need to know?:-x

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

This goes back to when her mother was alive and 2008 has been mentioned, but I can't see how that could be anywhere near £28k.

It really does feel like big brother is watching at times. What's it to them where you were?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Whoever was responsible for paying the Council Tax may have been claiming the single tenant benefit (even if they did by mistake, the Council are gits about that stuff). They will even go back 12 years if necessary. This should still have nothing to do with your friend unless she was responsible (which I very much doubt) for all the Council Tax payments before. I would tell them not to worry though as that will obviously make things worse. Knowing the mistakes Councils usually make, this is probably just another notch in their cock up bedpost, just on a bigger scale.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

She is a terrible worrier over small things and she's been physically sick over this. I've heard mention of her having a joint account with her mother, but it seems to me if nothing was known about it then it must be a council cock up so I can't see how she can be expected to pay.

I really need to see the paperwork to get a handle on it but I will be fighting tooth and nail for her. There will be a thread because we're going to need help.

Thanks for the support sod'em.:-)

Got a cold. Why can't they do a cold jab? had my flu jab ages ago.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Pass the tissues BB....... I will pour us both something medicinal.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Get well soon you 2! And Babybear, I don't want any more reports of the Grim Reaper having a "near babybear experience" again (since you kicked his ar$e 4 times already :p)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If you're on DLA they have to let you travel the way you choose.

Interesting. Not heard of that. Link please? Have emailed the PCT - as it makes no sense as to why someone attending neurology with long standing issues (I am being investigated for spinal and brain problems) has to pay, yet, relatives of mine whose baby was born a few weeks early, didn't have to pay because their baby was in hospital.

Get well soon you 2! And Babybear, I don't want any more reports of the Grim Reaper having a "near babybear experience" again (since you kicked his ar$e 4 times already :p)

Yep, it'll be two years in January. How time flies :) My progress/recovery has been very hard work for both me and medical staff, but I was determined to prove the consultants wrong.

Interesting. Not heard of that. Link please? Have emailed the PCT - as it makes no sense as to why someone attending neurology with long standing issues (I am being investigated for spinal and brain problems) has to pay, yet, relatives of mine whose baby was born a few weeks early, didn't have to pay because their baby was in hospital.

I should have said DLA for mobility issues.

I should have said DLA for mobility issues.

Without meaning to be a spoil sport, is it just me or did this years fireworks sound louder.

Was having a rest/lie down and a couple of houses up had a display, sounded like an explosion everytime they ignited them. Think they were more display ones as never heard nowt like it !!!!!

BANG, I naarly fell out of bed:madgrin: