Faulty Fridgefreezer bought from MFI!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

after some advice. Purchased an Admiral Maytag fridge-freezer in 2007, it has now broken down. It cost £1000. Rang the manufacturers & they have offered to extend the warranty (which apparantly was only for 1 year) for £250 per year. Asked a local engineer to look at it - they cant fix it. I'm stuck! Cant go back to retailer as MFI have gone bust. Any suggestions would be great please! I cant live without it for much longer!

Thanks,

Angela :evil:

he was bumping your thread back to the top as he did not have an answer to your question but by doing that hoped someone else did

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

is it still within the extended warrenty period if so what does the policy say does it offer replacment if it is not repairable

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Err no, warranty is only for a year. I can extend the warranty if I wanted to but at a cost of £250 per year. Seemed a bit extorionate - I didnt expect such an expensive appliance to break in such a short time period!

have u phoned the insurers who underwrite the policy 4 the manufacturer

well IMHO as MFI have folded the problem lies at the manufacturers door if they do not play ball you will have to complain to TS have u put SOGA into your browser search

this will give u your rights under sale of goods act

• 2 weeks later...

You have upto 6 years if the fault is a manufacturing defect.

Id suggest getting a report to confirm what has gone wrong with it then persue the manufacturer for a replacement or a free repair.

Speak to your local Trading Standards they will be able to help you more

• 2 weeks later...