A&L - a little help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have come to an impass and could do with some advice.

Some 3 years ago now I started chasing A&L after they charged me the overdue amount for going overdrawn by about a pound and I refused to pay as I was chasing them for charges. This was about the time the courts and banks stopped paying due to the FSA waiver. A& L continued to apply overdue charges fro a further 3 months or so. In the end it was about £300 overdrawn, however I had stopped using the account by this point.

A& L subsequently closed my account without notice and cleard the £300, and registered the account as defaulted with credit reference agencies. It was my understanding (and I work in FS) that banks were not allowed to do this under the terms of the waiver. Also, that it contravenes the banking code in regards to disputes.

Now my problem is that I have written to A&L AND the FSO and have had no response from A&L other than that they will get back to me when the court case is decided (despite the fact that I have re-itterated on a number of occasions that it is not about charges but credit reference agencies) and The FSO have told me that they have spoken to A&L who would poride a relevant response, which I recieved as the same as the above, that they will deal with it when the case is sorted.

What should I do next, as I am unable to re-morgage due to the ONLY thing on my credit file being this defaulted account, even though it is not a true default?

All advice welcome.

Thanks

Guy

Edited by gdbevan
title incorrect