Cabot Court Claim *** Claim Settled ***

Nottsdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With an enforceable agreement (albeit with an order from the court) you are really left with whether Cabot are right to bring this action in their own name, and whether the account was properly terminated (on the back of a compliant Default Notice)

IMO, you need to reply to Morgans as you don't want them to be able to say that is was you not communicating whilst they were trying hard to settle the claim IYSWIM

I would thank them for the info so far but remind them of the outstanding request for the DN & NOA.

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Google is your friend and if you haven't made friends with it or another search engine you'll need to :-) If You See What I Mean

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Well I attended the Case Management Conference, what a surprise the DJ was human and stated the Morgans had provided a load of rubbish and must do better.

So as things stand Morgans have to respond to the original defence by the 7/5/10 and then fully disclose what they have by 4/6/10.

The DJ then went on to say to the Morgans rep that they need to get there act together.

He was disgusted by the so called statements they had sent and called them well below the mark as well as being annoyed that there was no response to the defence.

The best bit was when he said (and I quote) these companies just buy the debts by the sackload and expect people to pay up all they are interested is making as much money as possible for doing as little as possible.

Well done Sir is what I say, Ive still got a long way to go with this but time is running out (the six years is looming) Im sending off a SAR tomorrow.

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Hi

Well I attended the Case Management Conference, what a surprise the DJ was human and stated the Morgans had provided a load of rubbish and must do better.

So as things stand Morgans have to respond to the original defence by the 7/5/10 and then fully disclose what they have by 4/6/10.

The DJ then went on to say to the Morgans rep that they need to get there act together.

He was disgusted by the so called statements they had sent and called them well below the mark as well as being annoyed that there was no response to the defence.

The best bit was when he said (and I quote) these companies just buy the debts by the sackload and expect people to pay up all they are interested is making as much money as possible for doing as little as possible.

Well done Sir is what I say, Ive still got a long way to go with this but time is running out (the six years is looming) Im sending off a SAR tomorrow.

Hi Notts Dave

I noticed above you say the six years is looming,you mean statue barred, are you saying if your case isnt proved by them or court etc by the six years then it all falls apart for cabot.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

So my court date is looming as previously stated the info provide from Morgans is poor (no statements / DN) Im 99.99% sure that this is Statute Barred is it down to me to prove this or the claimant ?

And do I need to let Morgans know before we go to court ?

Notts

Notts

Hi Guys,

So my court date is looming as previously stated the info provide from Morgans is poor (no statements / DN) Im 99.99% sure that this is Statute Barred is it down to me to prove this or the claimant ?

And do I need to let Morgans know before we go to court ?

Notts

you cant hi jack them

nor can you just ring them up and say its statute barred

its GOT TO BE PLEADED in the defence, if its not there then its not going to be heard in court

Cheers for that,

I have to get in my witness statements by the 25th June.

I rec List of Documents Standard Disclosure.

So in my Witness Statement I plan to highlight the fact that the debt is now Statute Barred .

Is this ok ?

Notts

Notts

What have they sent you then?

Hi Guys,

I sent my original defence in Sept 09 and rec a response this included a copy of the agreement and some statements.

I then attended a Case Management Conference in April and the Judge stated that Morgans needed to respond to the defence.

Morgans did this and included the following,

Notice of Assignment

Credit Agreement

Statements

My question is this,

Below is point 17 from my original defence

Can I now put forward a amended defence now that i have received a reply from the claimant.

This would include the fact that the debt is now statute barred even though this was not included in the first defence ?

From original defence

17. Alternatively, I respectfully request the court orders full disclosure of the documentation requested in point 9. I will then be in a position to file a fully particularised defence and respectfully request the courts permission to amend my defence accordingly.

Thanks

Notts

Notts

to amend the defence you need to observe CPR 17.1 which provides 2 circumstances when a party can amend

the first, 17.1(2)(a) is where there is the consent of both parties

the second 17.1(2)(b) where the permission of the court is needed

well,

you would be expected to obtain consent of the other party first, or costs could be ordered against you, this is a procedural point

then you would need to apply on notice for an order

its quite complicated as if you get it wrong then you could face a 3-5k costs order, in fact ive seen costs as large as £10k in amendments