3 - No servie in SE london until Nov - They have offered to cancel my contract but want the handsets back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently complained to 3 as service in our area had been non-existant for 3 weeks, i phoned 3 and they said it would be sorted by the 31st July, this is no the case so i contatced them and reuested that they cancel the contracts without penalty. They agreed to cancel but want my handsets back (i have 2 accounts).

can anyone advise. i can post the letters they have sent me for reference.

kind regards

to view 3 relpy please click link below

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt131/bdf3077/20090810121915633_Page_5.jpg

Edited by bdf3077
added link

Have you got everything in writing? Is their a problem with returning the handsets?

Also you may need a PAC (to port your number if you need to keep these).

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have you got everything in writing? Is their a problem with returning the handsets?

Also you may need a PAC (to port your number if you need to keep these).

Please click the link to view 3 letter. I dont want to return the handsets and i believe that they are mine as i have been paying for them for months.

im not to fussed if i cant keep the numbers.

Did you actually buy the handsets or were they free as part of the package?

If you bought them then they are yours but if they were free, then the company have the right to ask you to return them as technically they still own them. When "free" the company is subsidising the cost of the handset but will gradually recover the costs from you by way of the monthly charges which is why there is a fixed term contract.

If they agree to cancel the contract then that is good news, but they are not going to let you have FREE handsets which would normally cost you anything from £75 - £200.

I'd say you've done well to get a cancelation for coverage reasons (coverage is not a condition of the contract... they could be nasty and say you need to keep paying for the rest of the term!)

IMHO return the handsets and choose a network that has coverage.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

This Is ReleveNT

I Live In Oxfordshire

A Friend Of Mine Lives In Shipston On Stour Near Stratford

His Dongle 3 Has Gone Down

Went Into The Shop And They Said It Will Be Down For 6 Weeks

No Advance Warning Nothing

Since coverage is never guaranteed, if they authorise a contract cancellation with no penalty, accept it with good grace. If you want to keep the hansets, you can certainly ask what they would charge you to keep them, but it may complicate your departure.