Argos sofa order cancelled 2 months later

blooo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I ordered a set of sofas from Argos in early June and was told by the beginning of july I would get a call to confirm the delivery date and that everything was fine with the order, just need to confirm delivery times/dates..

I received a call a few days ago saying they cant send the sofas as their suppliers have confirmed they have nonein stock/none in production..now they said you have 2 choices either to choose a different set of sofas at the prices published in the new and crrent catalogue (which cost much more than the one I ordered) since the ones I ordered were taken out of the new catalogue. The second choice is to get a refund...Do you think this is fair?

I am now left to either buy one of their expensie sets which cos a lot more than what I was going to pay for the set I ordered...they know that and wont reduce any priice of any other set I choose...

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Hi

I ordered a set of sofas from Argos in early June and was told by the beginning of july I would get a call to confirm the delivery date and that everything was fine with the order, just need to confirm delivery times/dates..

I received a call a few days ago saying they cant send the sofas as their suppliers have confirmed they have nonein stock/none in production..now they said you have 2 choices either to choose a different set of sofas at the prices published in the new and crrent catalogue (which cost much more than the one I ordered) since the ones I ordered were taken out of the new catalogue. The second choice is to get a refund...Do you think this is fair?

I am now left to either buy one of their expensie sets which cos a lot more than what I was going to pay for the set I ordered...they know that and wont reduce any priice of any other set I choose...

Thanks

Hi there,

Where did you get with this one?

I had exactly the same problem and they are asking me to accept a £100 pounds discount on a pair of sofas. They are not ready to go beyond this and leaving me with the only option of buying something which is way beyond my budget.

Did you get this sorted with them?

thanks,

Anurag