Ltd Co - can I claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can I claim back bank charges from Ltd co account? Bank sent letter to say that, in view of how a/c being run, they are closing it in 30 days :(

I have been charged £245 in charges since April 09 when a/c opened so would like to claim back if poss :oops:

Hi

Can I claim back bank charges from Ltd co account?

Yes, but there can be snags.

What is the state of the present account, i.e. credit or debit balance? If it is a debit balance, does it exceed the total value of the charges you wish to reclaim?

Have you got an alternative account with which to continue trading?

Els

It's in credit as the bank will not allow overdraft :(

I'm trying to open new a/c at present but with poor personal credit history (1 default & missed payments to 3 others), I anticipate this will not be straight-forward but Nat West have a new a/c for people with credit history problems so am hoping they will accept me. The alternative is to pay one of these 'guaranteed' opening firms which I would much sooner avoid :(

You'll have to take the standard approach of asking for your charges back. As they are intending to close your account, they are unlikley to roll over and credit your account or send you a cheque, so you will then have to issue a claim in the County Court in the name of your company. The bank will probably request a stay in proceedings, based on the OFT v Banks ongoing court case. You can object to that of course, but you'll need a good set of arguments to convince a Court that your case should not be stayed.

If and when you win, they will send you a cheque made out to the account name, i.e. name of your limited company.

The most important matter for you at the moment, which you're clearly aware of, is the need to open a new account.

Els