N Power threatening court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello hope someone can help with advice. I moved house about a year ago and my supplier was n power via a prepayment meter. I continued with n power at my new address but have quarterly billing.

In June I received a letter informing me I was in debt for £406 from my previous address, I ignored it because I paid by prepayment meter there so tthought it was a mistake. Last week I received a letter threatening court action from collections direct.

I rang them and said it was a mistake but they were very rude and said I had to pay in full within 7 days or they will issue court proceedings.

I cant even get any sense from n power, they say i owe this as my final bill. What can i do from here? How can i put this account into dispute?

Thanks for any advice

Guest Old_andrew2018

Write to them rather than telephoning, ask them to explain and provide evidence on how when on a prepayment meter you were able to accrue this amount, (you should be aware that this can happen).

When you receive their reply then complain to the energy ombudsman. Energy Ombudsman Service : Home

Andy

Everything should be in writing from now onwards and recorded delivery

a) write to Npower saying you dispute this bill and saying why.

b) write to Collections Direct saying that the account is in dispute with NPower and advise them that you will not communicate with them about the matter -and do not communicate them EVER.

c) If NPower convince you that you owe them then pay them. Make absolutely sure that you are not paying for arrrears left by previous occupiers.

The DCA is almost certainly acting as an agent for NPower who are using them because they are masters of intimidation and harrassment. They have no power and the dispute remains with NPower.

Collections Direct IS NPower and they can't do anything in seven days let alone initiate court proceedings. Its thier in house collections team, bit naugthy that.

It IS possible to build up a debit on a prepayment meter but I'd fight this as a matter of principle as I believe the Ombudsmen would look sympathetically on this.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.