Digimate lcd television

cassie678
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction.

On October 18th 2006 i purchased a Digimate LCD TV which came with a 3 year warranty, we have returned it once with no problems as the scart socket on the back was faulty.

We now have another fault appeared which is a black shadow or smudge down the right side of the screen.

Today i phoned Digimate and they told me my warranty is no longer valid and i should contact ebuyer, the people who sold us the television.

Now as far as im concerned i still have 3 months left to run on my warranty but Digimate is having none of it saying its down to the supplier of the unit now.

The warranty did not come from ebuyer it came from Digimate and i still have the warranty card which states there is 3 year warranty on it.

Digimate claim warrantys are subject to change but at no time have we been informed that our warranty had changed.

So can anyone help me as to where i go from here i cant afford to keep replacing televisions every two and half years!

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

fax them proof of purchase

and tell them the ball is in their court

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

Funnily enough, I've just found this thread via Google as Im having exactly the same problem (but the TV was purchased from Scan).

I registered the warranty online too, but surprise surprise, that part of their website no longer works.

I believe what has happened is that shortly after Feb 2007, DGM changed the warranties with new TV's to 1 yr (with 3 yrs being given to Monitors), and they have just blanket changed it for all warranties, rather than just new ones.

I'm in the process of writing a letter to them today threatening the SCC if they dont honour the contract into which they entered (when registering the warranty).