Can I reclaim - AMEX card

seriously fed up
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a curiosity here.

In/about May last year, I took a call from Allied International Credit, who said that "your American Express Card will be actioned tomorrow". Now, I would tell them to go take a long walk off a short cliff (I mean what does "actioned" mean?), but at that time I hadnt read nearly as much as I have now, and panicked BIG TIME :(:(and I SCRAPED (and I mean scraped) together the money to pay off the FULL AMOUNT :mad:.

However - and I dont know why - I asked them to send me a copy of the agreement that I had with AMEX, and this arrived in due course. I have just taken it out again, and what they sent me is basically one of the poorest "agreements" that I have seen (and I have had some bad ones). Not only is it an application form, but

1. there are no T&Cs
  2. the agreement has never been authorised by AMEX - there is a box but its never been signed
  3. no reference to a credit limit (or how it would be worked out)

I could go on, but basically its a pile of garbage.

What I was wondering was whether anyone knows if there is a process that even at this late date - and we are talking about £5k here - I would be able to raise an action against AMEX or AIC to reclaim this payment as they clearly didnt have the paperwork to do so.

Any opinions - even if "you must be joking":rolleyes: - gratefully received.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Sorry IMHO you wont be able to recover the money, as you have paid off the account.

From postings on the site I have been lead to believe that once an account is cleared the CCA route is closed.

So the only avenue left open to you is the recovery of any penalty charges which may have been levied.

Andy

And any PPI payments also if you had ppi and feel that it had been missold

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Agree with both Tink and old_andrew here, you can claim back the unfair charges and ppi if missold but the actual capital amount has gone forever I'm afraid.

If AIC purchased the debt then it's kind of a revenge to claim back any unfair/illegal charges and PPI from them, ensure you claim interest at the rate it was charged to the account i.e contractual :-D

S.