REPLY FROM CAHOOT re SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I just received this back from Cahoot when I sent them a SAR. All they seem to have sent me is a statement of account, nothing else, no default notice etc etc. This debt is now with a Debt Collector. Is this all they needed to send me or am I right in thinking I should've got more information.

Ideally I want the DC (moorcroft) to accept a smaller offer to settle the account. I CCA'ed moor and they replied saying that they have contacted their client for a copy of the agreement and will not seek to collect the debt until they are in receipt of the information I requested. I went ahead and cancelled my standing order to them and sent them a letter stating it had been cancelled etc.

Any help with what to do next would be great!

Many thanks,

K

(hope I've attached them properly)

cahoot 1.pdf

cahoot 2.pdf

cahoot 3.pdf

cahoot 4.pdf

cahoot 5.pdf

Edited by CheekoWeeko

you can edit the following to send back to tell them what is missing:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.(Add details of missing period - or a transaction that you know about which is not included)

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a further (Insert number of days remaining) days to comply.

Yours faithfully

Ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Many thanks Ida,

Have amended it and will send it recorded delivery tomorrow, they've 10 days left before the 40 days are up.

They obviously think i'm going to try and reclaim the charges put on the account, hence they only sent me a statement of affair.

Will let you know if I get any kind of reply.

K x

hi again,

I just added up that I paid :eek: £1,017.89 in 'flexible loan insurance' payments for a period of my loan with Cahoot before I stopped it mid 2004.

Do you think I would be able to claim this back? & if so, what would my first step be.

Thanks again for the help

x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)