style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and theres also the consumer council for water which also deals with water complaints, UU probably have recorded under CCML/United Utilities on your credit file and probably have recorded vexatiously they recorded 3 searches on mine in 4 weeks and wont remove or compensate me.

ON the last letter it says "i would have prefered to speak t you on the phon" then a few paragraphs later "i have written to you becuase it contains sensitive blah blah" contradicting much?!

I had one of them from there case owners or whatever they call them.

Ask the LA if this their final response to on the issue if so you are going to escalate your complaint above their heads to the LGO.

http://www.lgo.org.uk/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Greetings Hacked Off.

No, you are not being unreasonable. I have had a couple of letters from Buchanan Clark & Wells stating that they are acting on behalf of Link Finance and they are unable to grasp the fact that although Link supplied a copy of my CCA with MBNA, it was well outside the time limit (CCA requested 05/05/08) when I received the copy (20/10/08) but I am still being hounded. I sent a letter from the library which stated that section 78(6) states that if the creditor fails to comply with section (1). I have told Buchanan Clark & Wells that I do ot acknowledge any debt to Link Financial. I have no idea what will happen next!

Yes correct, the account is only disputed for as long as they fail to provide the agreement, once they have done so, it is no longer in dispute.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, had a letter off Moorcrap demnading payment of 122. i'd love to know were that figure comes from. UU have confirmed ths years and the arrears are combined and i should be paying £6 per week. Ihave still been paying 10. Not missed a single payment and if i have i always mke a double payment the following week.

"It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the county court issued. We believe this letter fulfills this requirement even if it is not read by you.

To prevent our recomending to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings, it is essential that you settle this debt without delay. Payment should be submitted in full within 7 days or contact made with this office immiediately, by telephone on blah or by letter, with your payment offer. Both our client and we do not whish to take this action but if an arrangment cannot be reached by 9/7/11, a claim may be issued by our solicitors instructed to at on behalf of our client without further notice.

etc etc more threats etc"

Someone needs english lessons i reckon.

Well, had a letter off Moorcrap demnading payment of 122. i'd love to know were that figure comes from. UU have confirmed ths years and the arrears are combined and i should be paying £6 per week. Ihave still been paying 10. Not missed a single payment and if i have i always mke a double payment the following week.

"It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the county courtlink3.gif issued. We believe this letter fulfills this requirement even if it is not read by you.

To prevent our recomending to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings, it is essential that you settle this debt without delay. Payment should be submitted in full within 7 days or contact made with this office immiediately, by telephone on blah or by letter, with your payment offer. Both our client and we do not whish to take this action but if an arrangment cannot be reached by 9/7/11, a claim may be issued by our solicitors instructed to at on behalf of our client without further notice.

etc etc more threats etc"

Someone needs english lessons i reckon.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280530-buchanan-clark-and-wells/page6

typical crap from them

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi what were the searches posted as Outstanding Debt/Debt Collection/unrecorded search.

As to the ICO complaint they are snowed under,.

I would very much doubt that the ICO will be concerned about 3 searches, as their stance on this is that searches

for the purposes of debt recovery are appropriate as they give a picture of how the individual manages their finances, The OFT

have the same stance.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

"It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the county court issued. We believe this letter fulfills this requirement even if it is not read by you.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha the infamous "Valid even if not read by you" line, how stupid do they seriously think we are? Not as dumb as them for stating such idiotic nonsense! They are a laugh a minute!

Who have you asked for a breakdown of the the account? Have they responded at all?

Report them to Ofcom and your telephone provider for offences under the communications act.

And if they continue report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment.