Item has never arrived, apparently it's my fault

MechJerk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an item online on the 15th June. I left it 10 days (as they said it would take no longer than 7) and phoned them up to say it hadn't arrived. They said it had been dispatched and could I give it a while longer. I gave it another 7 days and phoned back and this time was told that the person who dealt with dispatch was busy and could they phone me back later. 4 days later I still had not received either the item or a phone call and so I emailed them, again this was ignored I gave it three days and sent another one asking were my item was. They came back to say that it had been dispatched on the 16 June and if I had not received it then I would have to contact the post office myself. I asked for a tracking number and they said it hadn't been sent that way and it was simply sent in the post that gave insurance of 79p even though the item is over £10. There was never any option on the website to send it any other way, and the postage is actually free.

What can I do they seem to be saying it's my problem and thats the end of it on there part...

Well, they're wrong all the way. It is THEIR loss, THEIR responsability until you have the goods and you don't have a contract with Royal Mail, THEY do.

What you do now is send them a letter stating the above, reminding them that as things stand, they haven't fulfilled their part of the contract, and that is it isn't up to you to chase Royal Mail since you haven't got a contract with TM, they do, and that you expect them to either send you the goods or refund you in full within 7 days or you'll report them to TS. (You can also add you'll take them to small claims, but it depends on the value of the goods really if it's worth it or not).