FD - Unreasonable notice closing current account

Harrassed09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First Direct recently closed our current account with no notice just after we requested copies of CCA, loan agreements and overdraft agreements.

They refute my claims that 30 days notice should be given as per the FOS website They claim that they can shortcut this if there are 'circumstances which justify closing the account... earlier' They claim that my loan account was in default justified flouting the FOS guidance. The last loan payment was made, cancelled by them and then made late manually by myself. This was a 'strange' bank error and the DN was never received by myself.

Has anyone had any similar dealings? How do I proceed?

• 5 weeks later...

I have just had my current account closed with no notice. First I knew was when I tried to withdraw some cash from a cashpoint and had it retained.

Background. I am 2 months late on payments to my FD credit card. I phoned them and some arrogant so and so tells me that they have closed all my accounts without any notice. Despite the fact I have had over 15 years of faultless banking with them , they do not want to listen. It seems the last 2 months is all that counts. I can not believe that they dont even give 30 days notice.

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

• 4 weeks later...

They did the same to me. Absolutely disqusting . They give no notice and do not care if you have any other arrangements in place. They appear to be doing this to hundreds possibly thousands of people. It is time we got some answers from HSBC which ofcourse is their parent company.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They Did the same to me. I hadn't even reclaimed or asked about bank charges then. I suspect they are attempting to churn their customer base . This may help them to get rid of customers (who may not even know) that they have a potential massive claim against First Direct/HSBC . Once the Bank Charges are finally resolved by the House of Lords the true extent of their liabilities may be known. You also have to start wondering does HSBC have a secret debt problem that is not yet in the public domain? Are they moving back to Hong Kong ( already confirmed) to attempt to avoid some major financial liability?

Edited by consumerist
SPELLAND GRAMMAR

• 2 weeks later...

i also had a bank acount with first direct about 3 year ago which i had my salary paid into every month... then one day i came home to recieve a letter from them simply saying that they were closing my account end of story... when i phoned to find out why they would not give me a reason just simply they were within there rights to close my account if they decided to!:-o I personaly would never deal with hsbc or first direct ever again.....

Hi Harrased09 and others...

Seems like your bank accounts have been closed in a retaliatory action following your requests...

Do file a complaint with the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service)...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Everyone Should Either Call Jason Sharpe Head Of Customer Service Direct Number 0113 236 7070 Or Better Still The Big Boss Chris Pillings Direct Number 0113 276 6890 And Let Them Know How They Are Terminating Peoples Accounts. Call Now!!!!!

Unfortunately. I doubt they care less.

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.