***DCA's STOP PRESS UK Mobiles***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several DCA's have already signed up for this service, SO PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THIS SERVICE OR SUFFER COLLECTION MONKEYS

Maybe you have heard about this, but early next week all UK mobiles will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access the

numbers. It is easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex-directory. Suggest it to all your friends and family who have UK mobiles or they could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls. Removal is recommended by the BBC - see link below.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Working Lunch | Mobile phone directory to launch

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week. All numbers

including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling and the

general abuse that less scrupulous telesales people subject us too.

The only directory with millions of mobile numbers - 118800

When on the site, click "Home" then "Ex-directory" this will remove you from the directory.

LETS TURN IT INTO THE ONLY DIRECTORY WITH A DOZEN MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Well I asked to be de-listed about 2 weeks ago and today received a text saying I was now ex directory.

Just did a search for myself and it found me although it did state I was ex directory so they couldnt help.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

I would like to know how I have just received a text message from these saying my number has been made ex-directory......I registered it weeks ago, and got the confirmation message then. Nice of them to tell me twice though :rolleyes:

Already made a formal complaint to the ICO, and my local MP, why the hell should I have to unsubscribe from a service, I have never subscribed to:mad:....and for each and every text I get saying that someone wants to get in touch with me, will be another formal complaint and nail in their coffin:mad::mad::mad:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well I asked to be de-listed about 2 weeks ago and today received a text saying I was now ex directory.

Just did a search for myself and it found me although it did state I was ex directory so they couldnt help.

Same here text message received today.

I unsubscribed ages ago when I first heard this, had a couple of odd calls and told them the number had been unsubscribed. Did an check and they claimed they wanted more info to check it was me... as they had other numbers... some of the other numbers I haven't used in at least 3 years so they are going to get a shock!

Rather odd. We have three o2 numbers, one vodafone and one orange number in the household. All PAYG and registered

have just checked on the site linked on the first post, nothing showing, but we haven't opted out?

however these numbers are all registered with TPS.

Would this be the reason nothing is listed?

We're Sorry...

...the service is not available at this time due to essential maintenance. We´ll be back up and running again in no time.

Oh dear what a shame, it seems their systems have crashed again.

I wonder if they've hacked off some hackers because this has happened twice now in 28 days. :D:D

but as always nothing will be done, they will be given a period of grace to put their house in order like all of the other corporate law breakers in the UK. Persecution of this organisation would set a precedent which would ruin all of the CRA's (for processing a subjects data without implicit and informed consent)

It really is about time one of the so called consumer protection organisations did something to protect consumers

***climbs down off soap box, shrugs and walks away***

• Haha 1