Graphics Card Overheated

Styphon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your rights under the Sale of Goods Act cannot be "excluded, over-ridden or taken away". You cannot even sign a waiver to reduce your rights, the regulations will not accept it and any waiver will have no meaning in law, you cannot lose your rights under SOGA.

Totally agree with you and the law, Conniff. But, its the difference between simply enforcing your rights vs. enforcing your rights with the retailer waving an admission of physical damage in front of you and claiming they are no longer responsible. Sure, with some effort it can be shown to be invalid or mis-represented, but it still forms a bump in the road.

A bit of a fore-gone conclusion now as the OP has already signed and returned the form, so no need to procrastinate. We all will just try to pick up the pieces if it goes pear shape later on.

Unfortunately I'd already signed the waver and sent it off before I received your first message. I guess we'll just have to see where it goes from here.

Ah well, hopefully it will go smoothly and my suspicious mind was all an unecessary diversion to the resolve.

:?:Incidently, which items did you delete on the form?

out of; Warranty Void, Physical Damage and/or Out of Warranty

• 1 month later...