How to make Global Refund respond?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend bought something expensive in London and requested Global Refund to refund the VAT when he flew back to the US. He requested the VAT refund in GBP to his GBP credit card. By error on Global Refund side (he had the receipt to prove), they returned the money in USD to his GBP credit card. The credit card company is duly FXed the amount to GBP but at a much worse rate.

He wrote an email to them for the difference in GBP. They replied in one day, only saying the money was refunded without address the problem of wrong currency. He wrote again and this time they haven’t replied.

He is anxious to know whether there is any regulatory body or laws can enforce Global Refund to return the difference.

Thanks in advance for your advise and help.

Maybe it's best to check out Global's competitors the next time you want a refund.. Global Refund is pretty expensive and there are way better alternatives (who are more service minded).

I think it shows a lack of character of any company that does not take it's customers seriously so I do hope they will respond and compensate your loss... maybe you should email them this topic? :)

• 4 years later...