prescription glasses - can i cancel my order?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to cancel my glasses order - can i do this?

I have ordered glasses from an optician at he beginning of june which have not arrived yet and i did state that i wanted them prior to the end of june as i am using a NHS voucher and that was the expiry date. I expected them to take 7-10 days and they said they would call me when they were available. I now feel unhappy as it has been several weeks and i have heard nothing back from the optician at all, and i feel very dissatisfied as they were ordered on the basis that they would be ready quickly. I do not know if I will still be able to use my NHS voucher now and really cannot afford the extra cost.

How do I cancel and what are my rights.

Have you chased the Optician up on this? It does seem rather a long time to wait unless its for a special order such as high index or transitions. So far as I am aware the important thing on the voucher is the date you ordered the specs. Did you pay a deposit? If you are wanting to cancel the order you could ring the local PCT to explain the situation but as the voucher is linked to the eye examination form if you want to cancel you might need permission to be retested elsewhere. The local PCT should be written on your copy prescription.

Sorry, the foregoing advice is incorrect - as the op already realised there is a time limit on the GOS3 which is 6 months. If the above were true patients could visit Opticians with a valid voucher 10 years later!:confused:

Realy? I've never seen a PX with a 10 year recall...

I think you will find, the Blue GOS1 form has a 6 month 'life' before the PCT will not accept it. The GOS3 Yellow form is valid as long as the Rx, it's up to the dispensing practice to check the recall period.

Please check your facts before stating that advice is incorrect.

Edited by Electricmayhem705

Hi, EMH, sorry only just returned to this after a fab time at Wimbledon - I am always gracious in defeat, having checked the AOP handbook, you wuz right and we wuz wrong, the optical voucher is valid where the patient is elegible for a maximum of 2 years. Just shows you are never too old to learn and in our defence I would say that our ignorance could be due to the fact our patients don't usually defect with the voucher!:lol: