Recent County court Jdgement

Sentinal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I would very much appreciate some advice on the following:

I received notice last Friday that the County court had made a judgement against me for around £25000, the claim form had arrived whilst I was away on holiday, upon opening the claim form i immediately acknowledged receipt of service online, asking for 28 days to defend the claim, however as stated above, last Friday I received a letter from the court saying that judgement have been given in favour of Welcome finance, I was going to defend on the basis the amount claimed was incorrect, can I appeal? how do i appeal? how much does it cost to appeal? And any other advice very much appriciated. Thank you

i would prob think you could get this set aside quite easily.

there is a welcome finance forum

it might p'haps be better to post you Q there.

but i'd get a move on, i think you are on a time limit for an SA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'll see if i can action this

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi sentinal,

a few details may help:

which court was this from and what was the date of judgment

what was the debt for cred card/loan etc

what are the particulars of claim

is the debt over £25k

if u have grounds u may be able to set aside the judgment, which takes it back to the point of the original claim.

here is some info to have a look at:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 12 How To Set Aside A Judgment In The County Court

which court was this from and what was the date of judgment: court is Northampton County Court date of judgement is 17th June 2009

what was the debt for cred card/loan etc: Debt is from a secured loan (this house this was secured on was repossessed).

what are the particulars of claim: - The claim is for the sum "25,478.68 being moniesdue from the defendant to theclaimant under a regulated credit agreement made in writing between the defendant and claimant under reference *****.The defendant failedto make payment in accordance withthe terms of the agreement and a default naotice has been issued pursuant to section 87 of the consumer credit act 1974.

is the debt over £25k: according to the particulars yes, though given the statements that I have I fail to see that we owe anything near this amount.