Advice re: Data Protection Request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I think I'm in the right here but all opinions help as I'm not too au fais with the Data Protection Act :-D

I had a MDSW card which got sold to Goldfish and now Barclaycard.

I've SAR'd barclays and they've sent me just 6 years worth of statements... so I thought I'd sar MSDW as well as complaining to barclaycard (who ignored me)

MSDW didnt respond but passed the request onto barclaycard who again sent me 6 years worth of data.. so I responded to MSDW saying not to pass to third party and to either send me all data they hold on me OR a letter confirming they now hold no data...

guess what....

yep, they passed that to Barclays who wrote explaining how they hold the account now and will be providing a SAR under seperate cover, no doubt just the 6 years statements again.

I have 2 complaints in with ICO, both months old now and have just sent a LBA to MSDW warning I will take them to court unless they comply either by sending statements or a letter stating they hold no data on myself.

Am I thinking right in that MSDW at least have to send me a letter stating they hold no data on me? Do I have grounds for court action if required?

S.

• 4 weeks later...

maybe give ICO helpline a ring to find out the timeline, try the search facility on cag also good luck!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819