Just registered need pointing in the right direction

showman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Just joined

Have a credit card with MBNA (Virgin Credit card). Last year I was attacked and was out of work for a while, resulting in me going over my card limit (which is £2000).

I kept in contact with them and even though I was paying them every month towards the debt I recieved nasty letters from collection agency and 2 mobile text messages a month to me with 'Money Alert' message.

The agency was very nasty and after I got new work I sent a very long letter of complaint to MBNA.

They stopped the collection agency and promised to not charge me interest for 3 months, they have not done this.

Now after many months I am now inside my credit limit.

Even so they have charged me unspeakable amounts of interest.

I would really like to know the best action I can take to reclaim some of this interest.

Would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction as to how I go about making a claim from them.

Thanks

Glyn (showman)

Glyn, are you wanting to reclaim your INTEREST or your CHARGES? You haven't said anything about the charges, only the 'unspeakable amounts of interest'.

I don't think there is any basis for getting the interest back, but perhaps somebody with more experience will be along soon to answer this one for you.

Glyn,

Help is here my friend.

I assume you have had charges ? Must have if the accident was that bad I would think (hope you're alright now by the way)

Right, first things first, and I might suggest that you do not chase mbna by telephone if you want this to go your way.

Go through the normal process of reclaiming charges but add on the interest as well for the 3 months. You will be dealing with the advocates office at MBNA (do you need the contact details ?) who are quite sensible about things. After this, refuse to accept any offer without the 3 months interest as well as if you issue a court summons for charges plus the interest for the 3 months then they will refund the whole lot.

The important thing here is not to accept the charges refund and the go after the interest, I would say if you want to be successful then it is an "all or nothing case". You would need to have the threat of getting them to break down their charges in court in order to get them to settle out of court for them plus your interest. The minute you accept a refund of charges and NOT the 3 months interest then you may as well forget about ever those 3 months interest back.

Hope the above helps, drop me a line with any questions, this'll be a doddle getting all this back !