An all in one post re debt and collection agencies etc.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any fining of those caught blatantly abusing the data protection act is a good thing and if it's the start of things to come then I'm all for it.

Currently a breach of the DPA by a dca usually ends with them being 'advised' by the ICO which for me isn't sufficient enough but now

they're fining people then hopefully a little further down the line those fines will extend to DCA's ...with all Departments looking to

raise revenue it would be an ideal win win for the ICO to implement fines etc.

Just off the track a little, I canceled my subscription with equifax on Monday and when calling them I spoke to somebody in the

Philippines which to me is fundamentally wrong when dealing with my information......I certainly wont be using them again that

is for sure.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

• 4 months later...

I use http://www.0870alternative.com

They seem to always have the numbers I require and it saves a fortune as they have alternatives for 0871 and 0844 numbers as well as 0870 and 0845 numbers. on a couple of occasions I have even found alternatives to the 090 numbers which cost pounds per minute!

Also layout is really easy to use