Monument

Mike220359
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sending my £1 PO with a CCA request today by recorded delivery, so I can find out where I am with this professional body.

When I know the lie of the land, I'll be sending of a DPA request for the statements. I've got all mine back to September 2003, the charges and interest amount to over £500 at the moment with interest accruing a £7 per month

I'll keep you posted

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Hi mike

Ime not shure where i got this address from now?

Carole o'Neil

Customer Relations

Monument

Portland Building

25 The High Street

Crawley

West Sussex

RH10 1BG

Tel 01293 802473

but this is where I sent my DPA SAR and ime still waiting for a reply??I will keep you posted.

Rich

I sent my CCA request to the Customer Relations department at Northampton, either way they've got fourteen days before they are in default.

Mike

• Haha 1

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Monument reieved the CCA request on the 8th August, The clock's ticking

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 3 weeks later...

Actually had a reply back from Mounument today, said that they would be getting back to me regarding the 'complaint' - I asked for a copy of the original agreement!

They said that they would be contacting me by the 20th September 2006! - they are in default at this point. Anyway I'll wait until the 30 days are up until I slap a DPA on them.

As I have seen in a couple of other threads they have the habit of slapping defaults on people who challenge the charges, try a new tack, ask for the original agreement before the DPA, its an extra quid, but it saves a lot of correspondance if you know they don't have the original agreement.

Mike

• Haha 1

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 3 months later...

Reported Monument a couple of weeks ago for infringing my consumer rights and the OFTs guidlines on debt collection. Had a letter from the OFT today, they are going to investigate them, after I provided them with my history!

Wow! I know it doesn't sound much to those who have complained to the oFT before, but I provided them with all the letters that I had sent to Monument, the times of contact by telephone and the lack of replies from them, and I must admit that the letter was all that I would expect at this point.

Watch this space!

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 2 weeks later...
Reported Monument a couple of weeks ago for infringing my consumer rights and the OFTs guidlines on debt collection. Had a letter from the OFT today, they are going to investigate them, after I provided them with my history!

Wow! I know it doesn't sound much to those who have complained to the oFT before, but I provided them with all the letters that I had sent to Monument, the times of contact by telephone and the lack of replies from them, and I must admit that the letter was all that I would expect at this point.

Watch this space!

Mike

you could end up "smelling of roses" here !!!!i

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Watch this space!

Mike

out of interest what year did you make that "monumental decision " to join monument ??? Pm me please with the answer

--------------

they are only a "sekkkond rate" company charging "naughty" interest rates "think of them" as "barclaycards" : "third string "

after barclaycard's visa mastercard

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

• 2 months later...

Just had a copy of the original agreemnt not signed by them but dated stamped and 'sunject to approval' just going through the texts of the legislation appled in 2001. Have removed all interest applied to the account and charges since their breech in September as a 'gesture of goodwill'. TS will not take action against them even under section 85.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 4 months later...

Nothing happened of late been a little to busy, however, I note that my credit file has been updated six months in arrears, writte to Bcard data Controller to sort it out. However, April saw Wescott involved chasing the debt, more to come

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Sorry got called away, Westcot contacted me in April rang them told them the matter was in dispute, final demand came threatening court action. Wrote back to them (nasty letter) had a reply back from Westcott saying that they had passed the matter back to Monument and that 'they could no longer help me'! Took that as the final reponse and reported Wercott to the FSO, case ongoing.

This weekend starting back onto Monument, issuing letters of demand, since they are still updating my info on the CRAs and I am six moths in arrears (yeah like), wrote a letter of complaint to the Barclays bank data controller. Should have enough in claims and interest to close account, eve though it is totally unenforceable, plus about £1500 left over.

Mike

ps i'll update this thread as I progress

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 1 month later...

Raphael have taken over the account in earnest now according to Experian, who issued me with a default at the end of July 2007!, of course none received stating a sum that has no bearing on the account whatso ever. So about to issue another letter and am going to take them to court for defamation, will update as necessary as and when. Letters flying off this weekend.

PS Barclaycard data controller still have not replied to my letter stated in post 13 above.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 2 months later...

Alot going on now, I wont write any specifics but it seems that Monument has grown testicles and is trying to force the issue, I will post when able, but at the moment too afraid of prying eyes

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 5 weeks later...

Since my last update, sent in a claim for all the charges applied to the account between foundation and breech of section 78 began in September of 2006. Had a reply offering to settle by crediting the claim to the account, providing that I dropped claim and the matter remained confidential. Wrote back, er no, you can credit the charges and interest (that is what I wanted) but the damages and costs you can forward to me by cheque. Also reminded them of the lack of time they had, looks like I'm going to court.

The FOS action regardging PPI is still ongoing as is the complaint against Westcot for their threats. I'm just about to begin actionagainst Frederickson for their involvement.

Second claim served last week against Monument to refund all interest and charges to the account whilst the account is in dispute, found a wonderful legal doctrine to put in my particulars of claim Res ipsa loquitur (it speaks for itself). Amounts to a tidy sum and so do the damages claimed. I wonder how Barclays' litigation team will deal with this one.

After Xmas will come the big one the behaviour of Monument and the unwarrented posting of a default om my file Westchester case and Kpohraror case will be the nails in their coffin.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Hi Mike,

Keep them on their toes !

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)