Wally v MBNA, reclaiming charges

ObstinateWally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm confused here :confused:! As has been mentioned in my other threads I have been playing cat and mouse with DCA's over alleged credit card debts for sometime, and what I'm after is a bit of advice, regarding reclaiming charges from these cards. There are 3 accounts I wish to reclaim on, one with MBNA, one with HBOS and one with Cap One. My confusion lies here, how do I go about reclaiming charges for these accounts which have been passed/sold on to other companies. Do I SAR the original creditors, or the new ones, and by issueing a claim, am I admitting that the debt i lawful? These charges, plus interest, add up to well over £3000, so I'd definitely like to get it back. That's another question, do I actually recieve a cheque for the charges, or will they take it off the amount outstanding?! I'm so confused my head hurts! If anyone could give me an outline of what to do and what will/may happen, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Wally

Hi all,

I'm confused here :confused:! As has been mentioned in my other threads I have been playing cat and mouse with DCA's over alleged credit card debts for sometime, and what I'm after is a bit of advice, regarding reclaiming charges from these cards. There are 3 accounts I wish to reclaim on, one with MBNA, one with HBOS and one with Cap One. My confusion lies here, how do I go about reclaiming charges for these accounts which have been passed/sold on to other companies. Do I SAR the original creditors, or the new ones, and by issueing a claim, am I admitting that the debt i lawful? These charges, plus interest, add up to well over £3000, so I'd definitely like to get it back. That's another question, do I actually recieve a cheque for the charges, or will they take it off the amount outstanding?! I'm so confused my head hurts! If anyone could give me an outline of what to do and what will/may happen, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Wally

Hi,

You will need to SAR the original creditor not the DCA's as they only have limited information about the debt.

As I see it, if the charges work out to be more than the actual debt, you will get the balance back but not the full amount.

If you are still left with a debt, it may be better to go with enforceability (or lack of) of the agreement.

You can still SAR with a view to checking whether procedure was followed before they sold the debts on I.E:

default notice

termination letter

Notice of assignment.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hiya have you seen the below thread, time to stand up people

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/204839-band-together-against-them.html

have a sunny day laters angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D